IGNORED

What 7800 games do you want to see on Atari Flashback Portable?

Defender_2600

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Loguidice, on 22 May 2019 - 9:52 PM, said:

"We definitely won't be doing 5200 (too many buttons, analog, etc.), but we do want to look into 7800. What 7800 games do you guys want to see supported the most? Say, a top 3 - 5."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please, reply here:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/258970-atari-flashback-portable-faq-and-compatibility-list/?p=4279521

Thank you

• Like 1

The new Atari Flashback Portable (2019) will be completely redesigned.

AtGames recently produced some good Flashback consoles, the Atari Flashback 9 (2018) includes 110 - 120 games, 720p HDMI video output and runs the Stella emulator (version 3.9.3). Also, it includes an SD slot (like the Atari Flashback Portable) for firmware updates, downloaded games, and saving and resuming game states. Two 2.4 GHz wireless joystick controllers are included in the 9 Gold edition.

So, the next step could be the 7800 support on the new Atari Flashback 10 with A7800 emulator.

Karateka!

I found the 7800 Karateka! version much more difficult than C64 and Atari-8 bit ports. Have you tried either ?

Impossible Mission on the C64 is one of favorite games but the 7800 version is absolutely terrible and really is impossible due to 7800 version bug which would hide puzzles behind the login computer which the player could not access. It really was an IMPOSSIBLE Mission.

Edited by thetick1

Impossible Mission on the C64 is one of favorite games but the 7800 version is absolutely terrible and really is impossible due to 7800 version bug which would hide puzzles behind the login computer which the player could not access. It really was an IMPOSSIBLE Mission.

KevinMos3 has made some amazing Graphics Hacks of the "Fixed" version of 7800 Impossible Mission: combo pack here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

AtGames needs to make a plug and play unit that has Atari 2600, arcade, 8 Bit / 5200, 7800, and Lynx games. They don't even need to include a lot of the latter three. 6-7 titles from each. Market it as the Atari Experience plug and play, and only hype the 2600 and arcade titles. Everything else is gravy.

Edited by Inky
  • Like 1

I think these might be realistic with licensing.

Food Fight,

Desert Falcon,

Basket Brawl,

Ninja Golf,

Centipede

You hit the nail with the hammer I think. Many 7800 games themselves were licensed from other parties and Atari themselves didn't own the rights to many of the games directly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Non-Homebrews Top 5

Midnight Mutants

Ninja Golf

Food Fight

Fatal Run

Desert Falcon

Homebrew Top 5

Pac-Man Collection

Rikki & Vikki

Bentley Crystal Quest

Super Circus Atari

Beef Drop

Of course, I'd love one with a full collection of 7800 games but I know how challenging that can be. I also recognize that AtGames hasn't exactly been the greatest at emulation over the years, and the 7800 doesn't have a great emulator community IMO. Still, the 7800 was the system I grew up with so I want it to get some love. 

• Like 3

In many ways, I basically agree with FroggoGamer...

I'd probably make sure to also include Asteroids and Centipede in there, and (although they're very unlikely) for Homebrews; Baby Pac-Man, Rikki & Vikki, and Armor Attack II (which nobody mentions, but I really like).

The only way to do it RIGHT is to add an SD card slot.  Pac-Man collection and Baby Pac-Man would never fly.  Namco would never let that happen, because neither game was licensed from them.  I LOVE playing both games.  Bob has done an amazing job.  Yes, I can play both now on my modern TV using real controls via a long HDMI cable coming out of the back of my PC, but until a SD card solution for real 7800 hardware is released in mass quantity, this would be our best alternative.   And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE use the standard wiring on the joystick ports so we can use original controllers!!   Do this thing right, and you will sell a LOT of units!!