IGNORED

Perfect Power Strip for your TI & TIPI for only $1.00

Omega-TI

If you have a Dollar Tree near you get there fast! They have a special shipment of power sensing power strips with surge protection for only $1.00 and they are going fast. Some people were buying four or five at a time. (I only bought two.)

It's perfect for TIPI users, as there are two outlets that stay on all the time (like supplying the Rpi), and four outlets that are controlled by a fifth sensing outlet. If you use the sensing outlet for your monitor or P-Box, it can cut power to other items when off like the TI's console transformer, or other peripherals like the Wico Trackball.

NOTE: The item in the master socket must pull at least 15W to trigger the other switched outlets.

post-35324-0-65121600-1558997928_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-92916300-1558997936_thumb.jpg

post-35324-0-96009600-1558998960_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Firestarter ?

ref.:

https://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/675-cheap-power-strip-tear-down.html

Text with each picture.

Sunbeam has a history of having counterfeit power strips out there after looking on Consumer Reports, the BBB's website, etc.

I would not recommend anyone picking up a Sunbeam power strip from ANYWHERE unless Sunbeam themselves after you called them when you got home said "Yes, this is a legitimate product!"

That Sunbeam could not verify that was a legitimate product was, as the article writer said, a huge red flag.

Yeah, Dollar Tree carries some low-end stuff, but their special purchases are usually a good deal. I even bought a backup USB keyboard there once for $1.00.

Their special purchases are usually 'for a reason', and not just overstock. In the case of the USB keyboard, a black keyboard with yellow keys did not appeal to the public. The keyboard was originally an "AS SEEN ON TV" item marketed toward old folks with poor eyesight for $19.95. Problem is someones marketing division screwed up and not even the old folks wanted that butt ugly keyboard, so Dollar Tree swooped in and bought a ton of them cheap. Fugly, but functional, and since Dollar Tree's customer's are the same type of people that would go to a thrift store, it's a perfect place to unload that kind of stuff.

In the case of this power strip, I figured the reason was the 15W requirement to turn on the other items. With modern electronics and LED lighting, not much out there these days, except TV's... and our older classic hardware will draw enough current to actually make the thing function as intended. They probably had a lot of these returned as defective because the 15W requirement is NOT listed on the outside of the box.

I did a little further review of this product, which is currently selling on Amazon.com << HERE >> for $7.57. Out of the four reviews, it gets four star rating, with the gripes being a 30 second delay in shutting down the controlled outlets and the required 15W draw to activate.

Both of which can likely be adjusted.