IGNORED

Goodbye

JoSch

I have archived my RespeQt repo. As of now, I will cease to work on RespeQt. While it lasted, it was fun and fulfilling, but the camel's back is broken.

I hate to leave, but I stand this forum anymore.

I don't know, whether I will come back or when. But now, I'm done.

don't know what to say, fella.

it's a pity. not sharing the same opinion as others is part of life - and healthy debate.

when i suggested you "take a step back" - you've taken it literally. :)

see you soon?

Edited by Guest

I read through the other thread you are referencing. I agree that it's not bullying, like others said... however, I DO think you have a point about this forum sometimes being opinionated, anal and pushy to the point of being highly annoying. It's ... just kinda what happens when you get a bunch of nerds together. It's like this on every forum full of nerds I've ever participated in. Lots of people who care about a thing, having strong opinions about said thing, and beating opinions about said thing to death. Always will be like this too.

Not everyone gets involved in the drama though, or likes it. I've gotten frustrated with the rudeness/pushiness too. Take a break. Don't make a decision until you've had some space, and remember, there are ALWAYS lots of people who do like and respect what you've done with RespeQt who have nothing to do with that other thread.

• Like 7

I have archived my RespeQt repo. As of now, I will cease to work on RespeQt. While it lasted, it was fun and fulfilling, but the camel's back is broken.

I hate to leave, but I stand this forum anymore.

I don't know, whether I will come back or when. But now, I'm done.

Sorry to hear this. Your work, and that of ebiguy, have made Respect so much more than it was before you started contributing. Thank you for all the work you've done. :)

If you ever decide to pick the ball up again, please do so. We'll be here to welcome you back.

JoSch, I apologised during that argument because you said I was insinuating something which I wasn't BUT I wanted you to know I wasn't and was big enough to make sure you knew it by apologising...

Sadly the debate rumbled on from all sides, and lets be fair, it was all sides, people are throwing the nerd thing out there but hey, I don't have huge specs and spots all over the place :)

Yes there was argument, disagreement and not so clever words all around but we all did it and I feel its wrong to abandon a project you have put time and effort in to because of an unrelated thing. This forum is probably less anal than many and I think people have become a little used to total peace and quiet, so when an argument or big discussion breaks out it is judged as breaking the peace and not on the merit of it.

Again I offer apologies if you felt put upon or bullied by anything I said, I would ask you to talk to others and see if that is what I'm like as a person and I would hope many would be honest and say that is not my normal nature, I just felt that people were getting a raw deal with the book as I had got a very raw deal from Darren himself.

So I ask you to have a rethink re this and just enjoy what you have done, there's plenty of people who are very grateful (including myself in the past) from using Respeqt.

Don't let a over dramatised thread be a put off for you..

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2