IGNORED

Doctor Clu's Dissertations - The true answer on why Classic Battlestar

RSS Bot

Bryan McManis‎ asked to The Colonial Warriors in this Facebook thread:
"After all these years has the truth ever come out WHY the show was cancelled with NO warning, NO Announcement, and NO ending of the Series. ? The Cast and Crew NEVER even knew it was cancelled until they showed up for work to find out it was over."

And at the time I write this there are 35 comments. A great read in the Colonial Warrior group. Thought about it and my answer was as follows:

"Wow this has been a good read. My take on this is what a lot of people have said (about production cost) with a twist: I don't think any production company knew the big picture of what a sci-fi show could do. They had a show where the advertising was not putting the production costs in the black. I get that. However, what ABC did not realize, which they couldn't have since VHS and Beta were barely starting out, is how much they could receive from royalties, DVD sales, streaming rights, merchandising (that was also barely starting out with Star Wars) and all the long term profit. And think of this, Star Trek might have been great in reruns, but the effects of the movie franchise was just starting, and Star Trek the Motion Picture was not really a mega hit. In short, no production company was ready to invest for the long term what companies are willing to do today."

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/653/entry-15936-the-true-answer-on-why-classic-battlestar-galactica-was-cancelled/