IGNORED

Impossible Mission Review... What is your favorite game that you stink at?

gorfcadet

Having played both, oh there's a ton of differences, mostly not for the better on the 7800. Just doesn't feel quite right.

Perhaps it's because I started on the 7800 version and then played the C64 one ... I just don't see that much of a difference personally. But I can get it if you grew up on the C64 classic and then tried the 7800 port later.

They just seemed really similar to me personally.

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, I think that the 7800 version actually looks nicer. Note the better detail on the icons on the bottom and on the pulleys of the elevator. Also, the player's clothing has more detail and his proportions are closer to human than the original C64 sprite. Nice work, Defender_2600. :pirate: :thumbsup: (Nick Fury salute!)

I'm glad you like it. :) But, I want to remind you that the Graphics Hacks of 7800 Impossible Mission were made by KevinMos3, I have only updated some graphic details in the 7800 - C64 Homage version. If you are interested in more details, this work was started in this thread and then continued here.

Anyway, as you noticed, the 7800 version has the PDA in high resolution ( 320 horizontal pixels ), the elevator pulleys are animated and the player sprites have 3 colors.

Among the other graphic features that are exclusive of all 7800 versions ( and already included in the original 7800 version ), really I love the new graphics / animation of the robots with more flashing lights ( in total, 9 colors for each robot ! ) and, in the rooms, the mobile platforms with animation.

Here are some screens for you. :)

post-29074-0-54781200-1560554173.png

post-29074-0-85989400-1560554229.png

post-29074-0-57245400-1560554210.png

post-29074-0-18412000-1560554261.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DracIsBack said:

The attachments didn't come through for some reason but looking forward to trying out the build on my Cuttle Cart later today. Found my CRT in the storage crate last night ... whoohoo!

Post content is still being rebuilt, which will take several days.  Once complete, attachments, missing images, quote boxes, and other post elements will all be visible again.

..Al

1 minute ago, Albert said:

Post content is still being rebuilt, which will take several days.  Once complete, attachments, missing images, quote boxes, and other post elements will all be visible again.

..Al

sweet ... thanks Al. Must be a ton of work to do all this, but wow is the result already a big bump up! Typing on my tablet and loving it!

35 minutes ago, DracIsBack said:

sweet ... thanks Al. Must be a ton of work to do all this, but wow is the result already a big bump up! Typing on my tablet and loving it!

Great, glad to hear you're enjoying it.  :)  I haven't even played around with it on a tablet yet (just phones and desktop computers), but I'll definitely play around with it on an iPad today.  Yes, it's been a lot of work and there's still more ahead of me, but it's a HUGE relief to finally get the forum upgraded, and fortunately all the prep work paid off as the upgrade went without a hitch.  Except for the bit where I forgot to install the SSL certificate on the new server before switching over DNS to the new server (the server had a self-signed certificate that was fine for testing, but not for the live site!)

I look forward to fine-tuning everything here, as well as turning on additional new features, such as the Downloads module, which will be a big boon (I hope!) for homebrew developers and fans.  Also still have lots of work to do on the main site (quite a few pages are now broken--I had to rewrite EVERYTHING on the main site), and the store is down at the moment so that's one of my big priorities today (it also needs to be upgraded, but that is much more straightforward than the forum upgrade).

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/5/2019 at 3:36 PM, gorfcadet said:

I love this game. The idea of this game. I suck at this game. So what do you all think of Impossible Mission and what is YOUR favorite game that you suck severely at? This and Super Circus Atari at the games I like most that I don't ever want people to see me play because I am trash at them. :)

I don’t know.

I’m awaiting my PAL ‘Impossible Mission’ in the mail.

I was absolutely dreadful at it in dem ol’ days as a kid...

Interested in how they ported it though...