IGNORED

Forum Upgrade Today, June 15th! PLEASE READ!

Albert

A thought that crossed my mind with the clubs is when the place gets populated it will become harder to find clubs that were created early on. Is there any intentions of adding an categorized subforum of relevance to make it easier to navigate though populated club lists. Very much like we have with the general subforums forums? There is always the search function however it doesn't always yield desired results.

3 minutes ago, Atari Nut said:

I'm getting a confirmation prompt when I "Mark Forum As Read".  Is there a way to suppress this?

I'm not going to remove this confirmation, since there's no way to undo that action.  It's something I rarely use myself and I'd be peeved if I accidentally clicked it and it marked everything on the forum as read.

..Al

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TwentySixHundred said:

A thought that crossed my mind with the clubs is when the place gets populated it will become harder to find clubs that were created early on. Is there any intentions of adding an categorized subforum of relevance to make it easier to navigate though populated club lists. Very much like we have with the general subforums forums? There is always the search function however it doesn't always yield desired results.

There's currently no way to organize clubs in an hierarchy as you're suggesting.  But the clubs functionality has evolved pretty quickly and is popular with Invision forums now, so I expect they will continue to enhance it. You can view clubs in a list format, which may make it easier to browse through them. You can also filter clubs to just the ones you've joined, and you can sort them in several different ways.

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 8.55.19 AM.png

..Al

9 minutes ago, Albert said:

There's currently no way to organize clubs in an hierarchy as you're suggesting.  But the clubs functionality has evolved pretty quickly and is popular with Invision forums now, so I expect they will continue to enhance it. You can view clubs in a list format, which may make it easier to browse through them. You can also filter clubs to just the ones you've joined, and you can sort them in several different ways.

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 8.55.19 AM.png

..Al

Yeah i understand was thinking it will help tidy up the list so it doesn't become cluttered and having to sift through looking for certain groups. Hopefully they look at adding that feature in the future.

7 hours ago, Albert said:

For instance, I'll probably create a Tesla Fans club, if @SpiceWare doesn't beat me t! 

Been busy of late, but I will create one in a day or two if somebody else doesn't first. Last weekend we did a Tesla Roadtrip to San Antonio, which was an interesting experience because the hotel didn't have any charging options and San Antonio lacks a Supercharger.  This weekend my sister's in town with her family, we're helping my folks move into their new home. They spent the night in their new home, the rest of us are at my place getting for the long drive over there to help with the unpacking:

IMG_1667.thumb.png.f7bdb44700d02394ba575b721d421964.png

• Like 1

Love the new look of the forums. For some reason, the attachments (ie. BINs and Photos) are not rendering correctly at the moment. Also, the emoticons for thanks seem to be limited a bit. But kinks like this are normal in any situation.

I *love* the reactive design. It's so nice to be able to have the same experience on my computer, phone and tablet now.

Edited by DracIsBack

5 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Two of my posts that used to have the OP indefinitely unlocked and able to be edited by me is no longer the case. 

Is it possible please to make it the case again with:  Atari 7800 Homebrews and Hacks and  Atari 7800 Difficulty Switches Guide threads?

Unfortunately, not yet.  This is functionality I hardcoded into the old software, and I need to rewrite it the proper way with the new software.  That's going to take me a bit of time.  If there's something you need me to change in either of those posts, please send me a PM and I'll be glad to help until I get this resolved.

..Al

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DracIsBack said:

I *love* the reactive design. It's so nice to be able to have the same experience on my computer, phone and tablet now.

Yes, the themes are much better in this regard.  The old mobile theme was pretty basic and was missing a fair bit of functionality. Now you can use any of the themes on a mobile device.

..Al

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Unfortunately, not yet.  This is functionality I hardcoded into the old software, and I need to rewrite it the proper way with the new software.  That's going to take me a bit of time.  If there's something you need me to change in either of those posts, please send me a PM and I'll be glad to help until I get this resolved.

..Al

Thanks for the reply, Al. 

It can wait.  Your plate(s) are definitely overflowing. You have enough going on at the moment. 

Thanks again!

-Trebor

1 minute ago, Albert said:

Yes, the themes are much better in this regard.  The old mobile theme was pretty basic and was missing a fair bit of functionality. Now you can use any of the themes on a mobile device.

..Al

Can I change back to the "dark" or "deflection" theme, or is this implemented yet?

5 minutes ago, Kosmic Stardust said:

Can I change back to the "dark" or "deflection" theme, or is this implemented yet?

Check the bottom-left corner of the screen for the “Theme” link. 

039CF7A5-D730-46EB-8F65-D13BEDFBE232.png

Edited by DrVenkman
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

I almost hate requesting this.  I'd love if the default activity status "read status"  would default to "Unread item links take me to first unread comment" instead of "Unread item takes me to top of page".

No biggie if that's not preferred; I can always create my own versions. ?

Can you take a screenshot of the page you're talking about?

Thanks,

..Al