IGNORED

Jump to first unread

Karl G

Question

5 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Karl G said:

Is there a way on mobile or desktop to jump to the first unread post in a topic?  Mobile used to do this by default before.

On the left-hand side of the message title there appears a double speech bubble that is "lit up" when there are unread messages to be read.  Pressing on the speech bubbles will take you directly to the last unread message.

• Thanks 1

Also, you can pick your favorite Activity Stream and change it to the highlighted-below setting.  Save it as a new stream (if modifying a default one). To see the setting in the Create New Stream UI, click on the below quote:

On 6/16/2019 at 12:45 PM, PlaysWithWolves said:

Sorry for the delay.  In reference to being able to click on the topic and go directly to the first unread post instead of top-of-page.

To modify the default directly (but can't save over the defaults , of course):  

1870647876_firstunreadcomment1.thumb.jpg.aafd815cf6333d569917e4ee3ebabf68.jpg

If you wish, you can easily make it the default Activity Stream by doing this:

On 6/17/2019 at 5:05 PM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Make your custom stream the default stream.

Stream.png

On mobile, I believe that makes the paper icon use your default stream.  On PC, it changes the name of "All Activity"* on the upper-right into the stream's name and action.

*I think that was the name before I changed it to my custom stream, "My Content".

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 4:36 PM, --- Ω --- said:

On the left-hand side of the message title there appears a double speech bubble that is "lit up" when there are unread messages to be read.  Pressing on the speech bubbles will take you directly to the last unread message.

I understand the greyed out vs lit-up, what is the difference between the 2 full bubbles, and 1 full, 1 empty?

bubbles.png.138c3fd664bc3db3fc80d26b4e9fcde2.png