IGNORED

Editing posts in the programmer forums

Igor

Question

Hello, previously all OPs were able to be edited by the author in the programming forums, now I don't see an option to edit a post. I've got an orders/preorders post that I need to be able to update (

).

How do I do edit the post now? Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

Related?

20 hours ago, Albert said:

The Indefinite Post Editing plugin has been completed and installed.  Any posts that I previously granted "indefinite editing" rights to should now be honored again.  And as before, if you need permission to edit a particular post, please let me know and I or another mod can do that for you.  It's easier for us to toggle as well. 

Still waiting on the other half of this, which is giving certain forums the ability to allow any authors to edit their posts indefinitely (like the programming and marketplace subforums).  I should have this soon. 

..Al

19 hours ago, Albert said:

This is because the Homebrew Discussion forum is one of those were the "indefinite editing" flag was set, so any posts in that forum could be edited by their authors.  However, this piece of the puzzle hasn't yet been implemented, although I should have it soon.  In the meantime, I've given you permission to edit the first post in the second thread you linked. 

..Al

19 hours ago, Albert said:

No problem, it is a bit confusing and is a somewhat unique situation on this forum.  Wouldn't have been necessary to do all this if people didn't abuse (repeatedly) the post edit functionality.  I think most sites these days only allow you too edit a post/comment for a short period of time to correct any initial issues with the post (such as spelling errors).  After that, it's fixed in stone.  That's not terribly flexible, though, and I wanted to give people the ability to edit posts where it's reasonable to do so. 

..Al

You're welcome.  BTW, this just in:

Just now, Albert said:

I've installed an Indefinite Editing in Forums plugin that will now allow users to edit their posts in any of the forums marked as such.  This includes the various Marketplace forums, as well as any Programming forums.  If you notice you're not able to edit your posts in those forums, please let me know and I can investigate. 

Enjoy!

..Al

While that was not the case in previous incarnations of the forum, it was set up granted individually by the administrators and moderators when requested. It seems however that Al has installed an Indefinite Editing in Forums plugin that will now allow users to edit their posts in any of the forums marked to allow so as such.  This includes the Marketplace forums as well as any Programming forums.  If you notice you're not able to edit your posts in those forums, please let Al or any administrator or moderator know so it can be investigates/looked into.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2