IGNORED

The new software saves unsent draft posts!

Flojomojo

Question

8 answers to this question

my script blocker and ad blocker more than likely prevents this from working on my platform.

It is supposed to keep a copy of your work if you are no longer signed in or not registered, lose connection while working, time out, or other such scenario. You can then log in, re login, or register etc and either it will post it automatically or it will be in your DRAFTS folder under messenger for you to do what you will with it.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Try this out,

Start making a message in a topic like this one without saving or submitting and leave to another topic/area, read something do whatever and perhaps edit a post in that thread etc and then return to the one you started writing in but didn't submit-

scroll down to reply box that looks empty, it should expand/repopulate with what you were originally typing in it fully restored so you can pick up where you left off and finish it, then you can submit your reply or post. This should be working for all OS/Browser types I would think

You won't see your previous typing until you click on the reply to topic box in the topic or edit box that you were originally typing it in.

Edited by _The Doctor__

8 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Try this out,

Start making a message in a topic like this one without saving or submitting and leave to another topic/area, read something do whatever and perhaps edit a post in that thread etc and then return to the one you started writing in but didn't submit-

scroll down to reply box that looks empty, it should expand/repopulate with what you were originally typing in it fully restored so you can pick up where you left off and finish it, then you can submit your reply or post. This should be working for all OS/Browser types I would think

You won't see your previous typing until you click on the reply to topic box in the topic or edit box that you were originally typing it in.

That is a good summary of the behavior I have already observed and described, but does not answer my questions of how and where it works, and for how long. 

I’ve also noticed that drafts are retained if you reply in a thread where you have already posted a response, which is a little weird. 

This could be potentially used for nefarious purposes, similar to the abuse of the google gmail draft system.

An evil operative could leave a draft on the system, then another evil person (who had the same login / password) could then read the draft, edit and add to it so the original person could read their reply [all without actually SENDING the message].

That way, the message may be exchanged without it actually being transmitted over normal e-mail channels and thus avoiding government surveillance.

I have seen criminals use this M.O. before.

Be CAREFUL.

We see ALL. We HAVE IT ALL.

:)

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 11:43 PM, Kyle22 said:

This could be potentially used for nefarious purposes, similar to the abuse of the google gmail draft system.

An evil operative could leave a draft on the system, then another evil person (who had the same login / password) could then read the draft, edit and add to it so the original person could read their reply [all without actually SENDING the message].

That way, the message may be exchanged without it actually being transmitted over normal e-mail channels and thus avoiding government surveillance.

I have seen criminals use this M.O. before.

Be CAREFUL.

We see ALL. We HAVE IT ALL.

:)

Don't assume even that is not accessible to the government, hackers, or whomever.  The only thing you can really put any faith in is good encryption, and that is not even absolute.

17 hours ago, thanatos said:

Heh, came in here to make a comment not knowing there was already a thread.  Yes, does this mean the forum software is sending keyboard input before we even hit "send"?  Creeps me the hell out!

All email programs do that.  Gmail saves to the cloud, while you type.