IGNORED

The Welcome Wagon!

_The Doctor__

I'd like to Welcome Curt Vendel to the club,

He's one of the greatest resources of Atari hardware knowledge (rumor has it the Atari mainframe is currently downloading into his brain!)

You never know what he'll uncover next.

Curt is one of the best supporters of fellow Atarians you will ever find.

Welcome Curt!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I'd like to Welcome Curt Vendel to the club,

He's one of the greatest resources of Atari hardware knowledge (rumor has it the Atari mainframe is currently downloading into his brain!)

You never know what he'll uncover next.

Curt is one of the best supporters of fellow Atarians you will ever find.

Welcome Curt!

He also appears in the BBS Documentary. :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Giving a shout out to the versatile and very helpful Paul Westphal ! He's collaborated with some of the best people, handled many conversions, and has brought us many of the best pieces of software for our humble 8-bit machines.

I've personally bought some great pieces of Atari hardware from him. I recommend him. You can see some of his offerings on his website

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, kenames99 said:

thanks JohnPolka

Hello @kenames99 - If you dont mind a question - have you even seen an Express! Cart used in an enhanced Atari 800? I have one with Incognito (so memory or OS is not an issue) but I have not been able to get the cart to get by where it is looking out to a drive to find a config file.. it locks up everytime. 

Any help would be awesome.

James

• Like 1

hi Bikerbob,

sorry to be late to the forum. but that sounds kinda weird. I would think that Keith would have put a timeout in for that and just loaded a default config. I will have to look into that. I do have a couple 800 but they are both stock. what enhancements do you have in yours?

Ken

• Like 1

My 800 is an incognito with Super Colour Card. I have done the phi2 mod to the cartridge slot. 

I think there is something going wrong as it accesses io on that machine. A drive never sees access no matter what I use for a drive. 

Without this cart.. it works perfectly with anything I can throw at it.

Works on an 800xl with u1mb .. essentially the same machine, as my incognito is set to XL bios 1088mb

I could set the 800xl to collen mode and see if it does anything.. but I figure it must be a physical machine thing.

James

Edited by Bikerbob

On 1/21/2023 at 8:28 PM, kenames99 said:

hi Bikerbob,

sorry to be late to the forum. but that sounds kinda weird. I would think that Keith would have put a timeout in for that and just loaded a default config. I will have to look into that. I do have a couple 800 but they are both stock. what enhancements do you have in yours?

Ken

Ken I was going  to test my 800 stock as well, but I thought the new version of the program requires 64k

Also is there a disk based version of the program? That way we verify if it's a cart problem or program issue. 

James

On 1/28/2023 at 2:59 PM, Bikerbob said:

Ken I was going  to test my 800 stock as well, but I thought the new version of the program requires 64k

Also is there a disk based version of the program? That way we verify if it's a cart problem or program issue. 

James

hi Bikerbob,

well, it is a cart so I would go on the assumption that it does not need 64k, but I have not tested with less. my bench is quite busy at the moment. I will try soon on a 32k 800 and a 16k 600xl.

Ken