IGNORED

Season 16 Round 1 - The Goonies

asponge

Welcome to season 16!  We're going to start with the Famicom classic The Goonies.  Take control of Mikey while you bomb doors, rescue your friends and run from the Fratelis.

Your last score is displayed while the demo runs if you don't happen to catch it at game over.

1593381702_GooniesCartridge.jpg.b44595f6db0175367c816ac5930d0fe9.jpg  1824208649_GooniesScreenshot.png.6ff41623a82fdfe8e51cae125b0eae25.png

Game Rules:

Manual

Score Post Deadline: Sunday July 14 at 11:59 PM CDT.

AtariAge High Score:

None

Scores so far:

Tempest  192,622

asponge  125,952

mbd30  30,610

jblenkle  20,830

roadrunner  9,700

Season Standings:

None

General HSC Season Rules:

• To participate, just post a score to the thread. Anyone can join in at any time.
  • A picture or screenshot is encouraged when posting a score but not required.
  • The season is 15 rounds long.
  • Games will be posted on Sundays and run two weeks through Sunday at 11:59 PM CST.
  • No emulator save states, slow-mo, rewind, etc.
  • No cheats, e.g. Konami code, Game Genie, etc.
  • Turbo controllers are allowed.
  • No point pressing.
  • Round points are awarded according to the number of participants. Every player earns 1 participation point plus 1 point for every player they outscore. For example, if there are 8 players, the player with the highest score earns 8 points, second 7 points, third 6 points, etc. down to the last player who earns 1 point.
Edited by asponge

Goonies.jpg.b40295466d46b1ae3211031b5658547d.jpg

I finished the game today.  It loops to the beginning and the number of enemies increases.  The big points are in the last stage where you can collect various treasures.   There's also a 50,000 point bonus at the end.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, S.BAZ said:

That was fun!  This was pretty much the only game I played at the crappy little arcade in the small town where I lived, Summer of '87.  Never got to play it on NES since for some reason they chose not to release it!

The Goonies (NES) [e] 33290.png

I didn't know this was also an arcade game. I wonder why the NES port wasn't released here.