IGNORED

Star Castle Woes

HoshiChiri

After years of swooning over the machines at conventions, I have finally added a Vectrex to my collection! Amongst the lot was a copy of Star Castle- except, um, it's not well. It loads, but not correctly- I've attached a video. It does this every time, very reliably, so it's not a wonky connection thing (becuase wouldn't it be inconsistent if it was?) I did clean the pins. None of the other games have issues.

What the heck's going on here? How fixable is this? Or should I just buy another copy?

(And as an aside- how's my unit sound? I know Vectrexes hum, but this seems louder than I've heard at cons- but cons are noisy anyway, so I don't know if it's just me or what.)

I figured out the problem- it was ME!

I just got a copy of web wars, and it was having similar, but less severe issues- you couldn't see bullets or the creatures on the trophy screen. Playable, but annoying. Having 2 carts with graphics issues got me thinking the system was the problem, but why did some work & these two didn't? Then I died in Web Wars. And noticed the word 'end' was kind of dim.

Yeah- I needed to turn up the contrast. Everything's doing fine now. So, unless needing to do that reflects an issue in itself, I'm just gonna go sit in the corner and feel dumb for a bit.?