IGNORED

Upgrade your Xbox live sub to Game pass ultimate for $1...

TheCoolDave

I'm a classic gamer but, I also have modern consoles.  I prefer the Xbox because of a lot of the exclusives I like are on there and most of my friends play on the Xbox but, I do have a PS4 as well..

Anyway,  Microsoft announced game pass Ultimate during E3, this offers Xbox One games (100+) and PC games... Normally $14.99.

But, the fine print here..

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/cfq7ttc0khs0?irgwc=1&OCID=AID681541_aff_7794_1246483&tduid=(ir__u96rxtgpcokfrlspkk0sohz30n2xjzqyozxwtvkj00)(7794)(1246483)((b2d5f594674a651432d9efa1fcd707d8)(266696)(1650333)()())(b2d5f594674a651432d9efa1fcd707d8)&irclickid=_u96rxtgpcokfrlspkk0sohz30n2xjzqyozxwtvkj00&activetab=pivot%3Aoverviewtab

Allows you to upgrade your Xbox live sub to Game pass ultimate for $1.  I upgraded my Xbox live sub and maxed it out at 3 years(deals on cards)... I paid $1 and now I have 3 years of Game pass ultimate.  

Figured someone else would love to jump into this deal...  Not every game I will buy but, there is a handfull that I would not mind playing and this helps with that....and you cant beat the price if your an xbox gamer with a xbox live sub already..

Fine print...

Note: Purchase Xbox Game Pass Ultimate automatically upgrades your existing Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass membership(s) to Ultimate at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining. Learn how this works at www.xbox.com/gamepass. Future code redemptions are also subject to a conversion ratio. Conversion ratio subject to change. All conversions to Ultimate are final: Once converted, you cannot re-convert your Ultimate membership back to a previous membership. Maximum 36 months of redeemed Ultimate per account at a time, including any converted time from Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Game Pass (for PC or console).

Edited by TheCoolDave

Canadian here.  Hey even though July 4th was the deadline, this worked today, I got the message that the charge would be for the duration of my current subscription so I topped up to the max 3 years then selected this option. I saw mixed messages, the initial $1 duration of my current account" but afterwards limiting this to one month ... however my Xbox live status indicates "CAD $16.99 every month, next charge on 7/11/2022 with Visa **xx"

I will keep an eye on any potential charge but that status makes me think this worked!  Thanks very much TheCoolDave

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Loafer said:

Canadian here.  Hey even though July 4th was the deadline, this worked today, I got the message that the charge would be for the duration of my current subscription so I topped up to the max 3 years then selected this option. I saw mixed messages, the initial $1 duration of my current account" but afterwards limiting this to one month ... however my Xbox live status indicates "CAD $16.99 every month, next charge on 7/11/2022 with Visa **xx"

I will keep an eye on any potential charge but that status makes me think this worked!  Thanks very much TheCoolDave

Awesome, it's a good deal if you don't mind the digital games... If I like I game, Odds are I will buy it anyway (I dont plan on keeping this forever unless i can get it for almost nothing like this deal). 

Make yourself a calendar entry, and disable auto renew like 2 months before it's over but !

If your upgrading Xbox live with a card... using a 12 month card, they will offer your a Month for free if you enable auto renew.  IF you use a 1 month card, they will give you 14 days (almost 1/2 a month).  There are some sellers on eBay offering a year of Xbox live with 12 1 month cards... that nets you more A LOT MORE Xbox live for your money. 

Also, as I have a SPARE 1 month code(I got 1 month too many), that I tried...  It said would convert 20 of the days of the card to Xbox game pass ultimate ...  SO when you renew again, you could keep the Xbox game pass going for a long time if you use 1 month cards to renew....

Next month I will use the card to keep my account maxed it for the time being.... 

Edited by TheCoolDave

So, my Live was a week away from being up last month when they announced this.  I picked up three years of Live and accepted the extra months on the first two before realizing it wouldn't let me enter the third year.  So I was going to wait two months before entering the third month and converting, until I saw on the 4th that it was ending. So I bit the bullet and just converted what I had.  I entered the 3rd code afterwards, but it only converted to 4 months (the monetary conversion, rather than month-for-month).

This works great for now, but I did this with the intention of moving away from console to PC for the upcoming generation, so I'll likely just change over to the PC pass when the time comes.