IGNORED

2600 cart auctions with repro labels

hoserama99

I think pboland's repro labels are great - I've ordered them and placed them on my own carts, and it really improves the "curb appeal". They make a lot of sense for me, particularly for a lot of the older/common/worthless carts that almost always look like trash. However not everyone may feel that way, which is perfectly fine.

Which brings me to eBay seller "jowrober". He's got a number of old carts up for auction now that are using the repro labels, but he doesn't appear to be aware of that (he said: "I bought it in a large estate sale and have no idea."), and they're not mentioned as such in the auction. These are mostly all commons, and they do look clean with the repro labels, so take that for what it's worth.

He appears to have a bunch of completed auctions in the past 6 months for carts that, to a one, all use repro labels including some dupes. It is, of course, possible that his estate sale purchase had multiple copies of Stampede and so on that all had repro labels.

Caveat emptor.

Edited by hoserama99

5 minutes ago, hoserama99 said:

Which brings me to eBay seller "jowrober". He's got a number of old carts up for auction now that are using the repro labels, but he doesn't appear to be aware of that (he said they were bought in an estate sale lot), and they're not mentioned as such in the auction.

This seller is fully aware of what he's offering; the "estate sale" explanation is a ruse (I've received that same reply). It doesn't fit with his labels that take liberties with the originals ... and he's recycled several cartridges purchased from me in this way for resale on eBay, so... caveat emptor, indeed.

Knowingly misleading the uninformed is good for the bottom line, I guess, which appears to be the most important thing here.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AtariBrian said:

I wrote to him through ebay more than a month ago about just letting people in the description know that they are getting a reproduction label. He never replied if I remember correctly. 

I also sent him a message, just another POS scammer on Ebay. I almost purchased one just to give him a neg.

• Like 1

Big fan of pboland's Jaguar overlays; didn't realize he also makes repro labels but good to know. Hmm so he doesn't put "Reproduction Label" or something to that effect anywhere on the labels to prevent this kind of misrepresentation? He probably should moving forward...

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2019 at 8:22 PM, hoserama99 said:

Here's his Barnstorming. A few giveaways here: it's super-glossy, and the BARNSTORMING name font is a little different than normal.

See also River Raid which is super-glossy and has a slightly different font than the real label.

For whatever reason these take me directly to the ebay home screen. I have tried multiples ways to get the item numbers with no luck.