Jump to content
IGNORED

Yamo Revenge - work in progress


Yaron Nir
 Share

Recommended Posts

As a second Bruce Lee spin off I have started to work on a new game called 'Yamo Revenge'.

Game is written entirly in CC65.

The game is under the wraps but I can share the title screen I have been playing with:

 

image.thumb.png.24a00fa8d71a37010b73d21c39c151c7.png

 

And here is an xex to see the entire screen title animation:

 

what do you guys think?

main.xex

Edited by Yaron Nir
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, this explains your interest in TIX's enhanced sprites ;)

 

When we used to play Bruce Lee BITD, once all of us could finish it, even without help in 2-player mode, we started to play it in 2-player mode and actively hinder the other player :D  Finally Yamo got some of his pride back :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ivop said:

Ah, this explains your interest in TIX's enhanced sprites ;)

 

When we used to play Bruce Lee BITD, once all of us could finish it, even without help in 2-player mode, we started to play it in 2-player mode and actively hinder the other player :D  Finally Yamo got some of his pride back :)

 

Yes hopefully TIX will join this project :)

BL 2 players mode was my favorite , back in the day I used to fight the ninja together with my friend who played Bruce ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd totally forgotten the was even a two player mode. I do vaguely remember now me and my little brother playing that way once or twice...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2019 at 7:39 AM, Yaron Nir said:

Yes hopefully TIX will join this project :)

BL 2 players mode was my favorite , back in the day I used to fight the ninja together with my friend who played Bruce ?

of course I'm in ?,

for sprite design only  !

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2019 at 2:42 PM, Yaron Nir said:

As a second Bruce Lee spin off I have started to work on a new game called 'Yamo Revenge'.

Game is written entirly in CC65.

The game is under the wraps but I can share the title screen I have been playing with:

 

image.thumb.png.24a00fa8d71a37010b73d21c39c151c7.png

 

And here is an xex to see the entire screen title animation:

 

what do you guys think?

main.xex 5.79 kB · 52 downloads


Being a C programmer, I'd love to buy a tutorial in e-book form (or shit, I'd pay for a notepad txt file) on how you make a game and use the Atari capabilities using CC65. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Yaron Nir said:

Calling graphic persons here.

 

8 hours ago, TIX said:

of course I'm in ?,

for sprite design only  !

 

@TIX: You could make a tutorial of how to make sprite changes, and what programs do you work with, I think there are a lot of guys interested in to make changes in several games. I've used Omnivore to make some hacks, but it's quite limited, only black & white and entire rows, some characters are inverted and it's very difficult to make a change. So hopefully you can publish a tutorial of your talent...

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jefffulton said:


Being a C programmer, I'd love to buy a tutorial in e-book form (or shit, I'd pay for a notepad txt file) on how you make a game and use the Atari capabilities using CC65. 
 

No need. I will create a beginner tutorial for you and post it here on Atari Age forum.

Will probably prepare it next week as I am currently traveling 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2019 at 2:38 PM, Yaron Nir said:

No need. I will create a beginner tutorial for you and post it here on Atari Age forum.

Will probably prepare it next week as I am currently traveling 

That's awesome. No rush though. Be it would be really nice to able to make some A8 games in C for sure! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, ZylonBane said:

Unless yamo is an adjective, the title should be "Yamo's Revenge". Or are you going for the intentional Engrish thing?

I was lazy the charset I am using doesn’t have the ‘ and I didn’t want to draw that so I didn’t include that 

probably will add it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2019 at 7:01 PM, jefffulton said:


Being a C programmer, I'd love to buy a tutorial in e-book form (or shit, I'd pay for a notepad txt file) on how you make a game and use the Atari capabilities using CC65. 
 

Ok, as i was trying to write a CC65 beginner tutorial I came across with this:

https://github.com/cc65/wiki/wiki/Hello-cc65!

 

Here you have anything you need to start developing for the A8 using CC65 (C language)

 

feel free to ask anything in AA forums or PM me.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...