IGNORED

Testing BBS software - ST specific

Bikerbob

On 10/15/2019 at 11:21 AM, Bikerbob said:

Posting here, as this was my thread to start.. and I am doing some stuff.. trying with STEEM and Hatari.

I think I might have figured something out with Hatari with TCPser and a Null-modem program..   Might work.

Steem allows output to a file, or to a real serial port.. I now have 3 lantronix devices - UDS on here might work if I test on my older Pentium 4 machine running windows XP - But on the WIndows 10 machine I type this one, I still have not found anything to do it with STEEM.. we will see how the Hatari idea pans out. 

In the mean time I found this looking for stuff.

http://traveller.gxis.de/

Lots of BBS stuff on there.. in fact - if you read this is his BBS files section from back when the bbs was up and running.

James

pretty decent site.. such a shame that there isnt a more organized directory of sites like this...google only gets you so far lol.

On 10/15/2019 at 11:43 AM, Bikerbob said:

found this in a number of BBS related things..

WHAT is FZDS??  I have seen FSE  two way chat. protocols...  I cannot find any real information about them.

No idea what FZDS stands for itself.

James

I absolutely LOVED freeze dried terminal.. I wonder if the other products were as neat as it was...?

well I will say this.. this ForeSight bbs is very much a polished product .. despite the fact that it did not get out of Beta. It was also developed late in the 90s. which leads it to have many more features and stylings like those of the very popular commercial bbs' for the PC like Mustang and Syncronet etc. In fact I would say there are almost too many features.. it makes it confusing. Todays use of the BBS is as a fun diversion, all the crazy networking, and message options are cool when you are trying to keep someones interest as opposed to them calling a PC board or going on the net.. but today.. too much.

James