IGNORED

HI-RES Magazine?

Guys

Can anyone shed some light on this magazine.

Going through some old computer magazines I just received from someone and found a pristine copy of the premiere issue of HI-RES in between two tatty copies of another magazine.

I do not recall seeing over here in the UK. How long was it about for?

Thanks

Martin

Guys

Can anyone shed some light on this magazine.

Going through some old computer magazines I just received from someone and found a pristine copy of the premiere issue of HI-RES in between two tatty copies of another magazine.

I do not recall seeing over here in the UK. How long was it about for?

Thanks

Martin

Just four issues. A fifth one was being worked on when they closed shop.

Here's the entire four issues on line.

http://www.atarimagazines.com/hi-res/index/

Allan

• 2 months later...

Hi-Res was born in my living room. The original publisher, Rich Richmond, and Mike Comendul, the original editor dreamed this up while visiting one evening (along with Russ Wetmore, who wrote the original Frogger).

They offered me the job of West Coast editor, which I accepted. I did some game reviews and got some of my cohorts to submit stuff, including Leo LaPorte (of Tech TV fame).

Rich ran out of money and sold the mag to some dodo who's name I forget. The magazine was a toy for him. He was only interested in getting free games and was awfully insulted when I told him that after reviews were written, the games were returned to the publisher.

He stiffed me out of a month's salary as well as stiffing some of the folks who wrote for Hi-Res when he pulled the plug.

PubsMeister,

Thanks for the "Inside Stuff". It was a high quality magazine for as long as it lasted.

BTW- John Harris wrote the original Frogger for the Atari 8-bit. Russ Wetmore wrote Preppie with similar gameplay. He also wrote other famous progs like Homepak etc. Any idea where Wetmore is today?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived