IGNORED

Dashcam Viewers

SpiceWare

The 1 minute clips for each video file makes it a bit complex to review footage from the Dashcam and Sentry Mode recordings.  I've been using Dashcam Viewer for Tesla on my Mac for this, it seamlessly shows the recordings from all 3 cameras in order.

If you're using something else let us know!

1170449921_ScreenShot2019-07-20at11_22_09AM.thumb.png.7aa979c1ddbbf71a6defaea1454b4d6d.png

Good to know, since I'll be taking a long road trip in my Model 3 this October!  I really wish Tesla would add a viewer inside the car.  I bet this happens once the Autopilot Version 3 hardware is commonplace.  And I only say that since it'll be much more powerful -- I hope they put better cameras in the cars at some point as well, as these are not the best cameras for dashcam / sentry.  And I don't think AP 2.5 is even using the full resolution of the cameras at present..

..Al

I've seen references to Android apps that let you review the footage on a phone. My understanding is the next update to iOS will open up USB access, so hopefully similar apps will come out for iOS as it'd be handy to review footage on my iPad while on a trip.

I have the Lightning to USB adapter for my phone, tried it once with my USB stick but it didn't work due to power requirements:

IMG_1367.thumb.PNG.d67e069c8aef5b3f647b6d7779fd0f8c.PNG

A couple weeks later I was at Fry's and spotted the Lightning to USB 3 adapter, besides the USB port it also has a lightning port so you can supply external power.  It worked OK with the USB stick after doing an update, but all that iOS does is open up the Photos app, which didn't recognize the videos on it.

IMG_1468.thumb.PNG.c750ced5a3b08ab68bc070d2ce9c736d.PNG