IGNORED

Mega ST4 shows a Negative Amount of Memory in Forem ST

Well , I have run into a snag on Forem ST , it actually shows Fre: -37890048 of memory on my Mega ST4, hows that for a real problem, I had problems with everything , online games would not run , etc... The BBS you could log onto but graphics would not show up etc.... I may have to switch to a new BBS program , but I really like Forem ST, is there a fix for that? I had even updated the phone number list to a Telnet list, and I end up with this? Maybe I need to run a program to make my machine 1 meg (Paranoid Little Man if you read this does your new roms solve this?)...Russ

I don't think that 'new rom' can solve problem like this. Must be some silly bug in Forem ST.

I may have a look in this, and just DL-ed your files. But you don't have good disassembly, and even ZIP  file name is wrong.

Instead Steem need to use MONS for instance, or some SW for PC. Generating proper S source file, with labels and data with proper size is really time consuming process. Will need days, weeks to make it flawless.

I can try to fix executable. That goes faster normally. Surely not so soon ...

Fix would be to write them bug report.

7 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I don't think that 'new rom' can solve problem like this. Must be some silly bug in Forem ST.

I may have a look in this, and just DL-ed your files. But you don't have good disassembly, and even ZIP  file name is wrong.

Instead Steem need to use MONS for instance, or some SW for PC. Generating proper S source file, with labels and data with proper size is really time consuming process. Will need days, weeks to make it flawless.

I can try to fix executable. That goes faster normally. Surely not so soon ...

Fix would be to write them bug report.

Its not the ram , but free disk space I just looked at the Logs , I have over 8 Gigs free and it says that I had less than 8 K free ram. That is an old disassembly I have a newer one. I will upload it.

Thanks for your help.... Russ

Displaying wrong free space for hard disk partition, or logical drive  in other words is not so rare case with TOS . It is not ready for today's large hard disk sizes.  How can you have 8 GB free when max size of partition is 512 MB. TOS and SW checks not for total free capacity on disk, but only inside actual logical drive (partition). So what is size of partition ? Using some TOS extension SW maybe ? What TOS version ? If it is 1.02 then it needs update, for sure. And it can handle max 256 MB partitions.

But this:  " -37890048 " - please confirm that it is correct value what is shown, and give more details - bytes, KB-es ?.  How much RAM in machine ? Really says less than 8 K free RAM. Latest is not something unusual, especially if there is resident SW eating RAM without good reason.   You need to be accurate and caring about details with all this.

Ya I have 14 512 Meg partitions on my Ultra Satan, they show up as a total in Forem ST, I will confirm the disk space free, do have a slightly modified version of Forem ST that I am using , mainly the BBS listing , it now focuses on Telnet instead of phone numbers. Will get the info to you later on today. Russ

I will put the program on my Mega site as a .ST file...