IGNORED

Trip to Wisconsin

SpiceWare

Heading up to Wisconsin for a family wedding in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.  My folks and my sister can't make it, so my nephew and I will be representing the Texas branch of the family.  My nephew's buddy Ben is also along for the ride.

I live on the south side of Houston, so when heading north I prefer to leave after work so as to avoid Houston's morning rush hour. I'll hit a little of the evening rush hour, but will avoid most of it by utilizing the Hardy Toll Road that goes from north of downtown to The Woodlands.  

Had planned to stop in Denton for the night, to be past DFW and their morning rush hour, but the hotels are all booked up.  Next hotel with destination charging is in Ardmore Oklahoma, so I've booked a room there for tonight.

Good luck, hope you all have fun!  Will you be allowing either of them to drive?  How long will it take you to get to Wisconsin?  How many stops do you intend to make?  

Ugh, Ardmore!  That's the Supercharger I stopped at once and an oil company truck and trailer were blocking all but one of the Superchargers!

..Al

97D0A7E4-22F4-443A-924F-CB72F9F9B4A7.thumb.jpeg.13479ccca2cc32c203010e9b96342de6.jpeg

Thanks!  Neither will be driving, no license or permit.

2 stops on the way up, the second is yet to be determined but will probably be around Des Moines. 

We stopped in Huntsville for the first charge as we're all hungry. Had dinner at Mama Juanitas, car was almost full when we left.

Second stop was in Corsicana.  Plugged in and walked to a nearby Panda Garden to use the restrooms and buy some drinks.  Then waited about 5 minutes for the car to charge enough for Ardmore, OK. The boys played Beach Buggy Racing, see videos below in reply #20.

Had a nice surprise in Kansas, my Houston EZ-Tag works on their tollroads.  The DFW tag doesn't work there, but does in Oklahoma were mine does not.

Stopped to charge in Topeka. We weren't hungry so wandered over to Dicks Sporting Goods to use the restrooms and browse around the store while the car charged for a half hour.

735453F7-6AA7-4A94-A506-84BD754A5E49.thumb.jpeg.9ed75f1b9781e02b56c48fed111bdca7.jpeg

• Like 1

We're now at Eau Claire, about 10 miles from the hotel we'll be at for the wedding. Hotels around here do not have charging so topping Talith up for the next couple of days. Had dinner across the street at Buffalo Wild Wings while the car charged.

F9C9ED3F-C7D7-4C88-8921-BDF05B98515E.thumb.jpeg.44845ab7a69dbcab577fbdde22ea80d6.jpeg

IMG_1902.thumb.jpg.298e7e02c01314882202580a289b53bd.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 3:45 PM, Albert said:

Are you going to take photos of all the Superchargers?

On 7/25/2019 at 3:57 PM, SpiceWare said:

I missed the second stop yesterday 

I did take a couple videos at the Supercharger in Corsicana. Collin Street Bakery was closed, and the stop was brief, so the boys played Beach Buggy Racing. 

Hmm, just see play buttons on my iPhone & iPad. Might have to redo these when I get home. 

redone - but won't play in Safari for some reason even though Photos created the videos.  

While I deleted the original videos, these are still showing up and I cannot remove them.

I've only Supercharged at three different Superchargers in Texas (haven't gone on any long road trips yet, but that will change in October) and haven't yet been charged..

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 5.24.30 PM.png

I have had two referrals, but right now it doesn't look like my account has free Supercharging. So it's interesting.  Will have to see what happens in October when I plan on driving some 5,000 miles (at least) on a trip. 

..Al

• Like 1