IGNORED

Atari Flashback X (10) spotted on Instagram?

On 10/21/2019 at 3:14 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

Hey Bill: just out of curiosity, are there points on the Circuit Board where we can pick up the 4 USB lines (+5v, Ground, +D, -D), in case we want to make a standard USB port on the unit instead of going external?  (like where the cart slot is...)

Edited by PacManPlus

5 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Hey Bill: just out of curiosity, are there points on the Circuit Board where we can pick up the 4 USB lines (+5v, Ground, +D, -D), in case we want to make a standard USB port on the unit instead of going external?  (like where the cart slot is...)

Would you mind sending an email to our tech team at info@atgames.net? This way they can support you directly to save you some time (and maybe answer any other tech questions that I can't). Let me know if you don't hear back from them. Thanks!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 9:33 PM, Brad_from_the_80s said:

For the regular 110 game FB X, looks like there are hidden games again as I count 112.  Unless I'm mistaken they are Freeway and Pitfall 2.  Will be able to access them and add more if/when I have cfw ready, pretty much the same method as FB 9.

Where are Freeway and Pitfall 2 hidden at, the two YouTube reviews make no mention of them and they're not on their alphabetical menu?!

*Side note, 

On 10/28/2019 at 4:44 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

Would you mind sending an email to our tech team at info@atgames.net? This way they can support you directly to save you some time (and maybe answer any other tech questions that I can't). Let me know if you don't hear back from them. Thanks!

They got back to me.  They told me that the header of four pins I was looking at on the board are most likely (?) the USB signals.  I verified it with an ohmmeter.  However, they don't recommend doing anything internally as they don't feel there is room, and it could ruin the board and void the warranty...  But that is exactly why I bought two of them :evil:  Unfortunately however, it doesn't look like I'll be able to put the USB connection where I really want to put it (where the cart slot is) due to lack of room.  I may just put it on the side.

I'll show what I've done once I do it.

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, TrekkiELO said:

Where are Freeway and Pitfall 2 hidden at, the two YouTube reviews make no mention of them and they're not on their alphabetical menu?!

They are in flash storage on the device, but there are no menu entries for them, so there is no way to launch them.  It's something that can probably be changed pretty easy once I have a unit and can customize the firmware a little.

7 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

*Side note, 

They got back to me.  They told me that the header of four pins I was looking at on the board are most likely (?) the USB signals.  I verified it with an ohmmeter.  However, they don't recommend doing anything internally as they don't feel there is room, and it could ruin the board and void the warranty...  But that is exactly why I bought two of them :evil:  Unfortunately however, it doesn't look like I'll be able to put the USB connection where I really want to put it (where the cart slot is) due to lack of room.  I may just put it on the side.

I'll show what I've done once I do it.

They have SD cad to USB adapters, too, if that would make it easier. This one might work well if you could snake a short USB extension to the solder location.

https://www.amazon.com/Reader-Laptop-Windows-Chrome-RS-MMC/dp/B07MK99R14/ref=asc_df_B07MK99R14/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=343224652930&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2885308417997982411&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1020090&hvtargid=pla-729017594866&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=71764766791&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=343224652930&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2885308417997982411&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1020090&hvtargid=pla-729017594866

Thank you, but I don't think that's going to help me in this case.  I may have to 3D print something, because the USB connector *has* to go where the cart port is (IMHO).

*I find it funny that the faceplate (where the switches are) comes off just like the original 2600 one did...

1 hour ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

They are in flash storage on the device, but there are no menu entries for them, so there is no way to launch them.  It's something that can probably be changed pretty easy once I have a unit and can customize the firmware a little.

So it's only on the regular 110 game version, not that 120 game Deluxe one from Sam's Club?!

35 minutes ago, TrekkiELO said:

So it's only on the regular 110 game version, not that 120 game Deluxe one from Sam's Club?!

I don't know about the Sam's Club Deluxe version.  Most likely it has those 2 games hidden plus its extra 10.  The custom fw that was released for USB support contains only 112 if I recall, the expected 110 plus 2 inaccessible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/8/2019 at 3:38 PM, PacManPlus said:

Thanks!

Believe it or not, they are too deep.  You only have 10mm of space between the face plate and the circuit board behind it.  I think I can 3D print a small bezel with a right angle that can hold a USB connector to fit behind the cart port area...

I don't know how far you got on this, but I see they have 3D printed faux cartridges you can attach (glue) to the cartridge slot. If they could make a hollow enough one, you could probably fit an SD card or usb port in what would now give something like 30mm to the circuit board. Was thinking you could put a slot in the top of the faux cartridge to insert your sd card.

• Like 1