• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never knew about this rare bundled version with Blue Thunder? Even when these were started to be discounted, the stores that I saw the clearanced consoles were with Sonic Fury.

I know I tried to find Blue Thunder bitd... wasn't till early Ebay till I got my copy. Are you saying Blue Thunder only came out with the bundled console?

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 2:16 PM, schuwalker said:

I never knew about this rare bundled version with Blue Thunder? Even when these were started to be discounted, the stores that I saw the clearanced consoles were with Sonic Fury.

I know I tried to find Blue Thunder bitd... wasn't till early Ebay till I got my copy. Are you saying Blue Thunder only came out with the bundled console?

No, it was sold separately more often than not.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 2:16 PM, schuwalker said:

Blue Thunder was definitely sold separately, but because it was the last release they didn't sell very many copies, so it's tough to find nowadays. One of the supposed reasons that the release was delayed is that they planned to put out more of these updated system bundles but poor sales scuttled the entire platform. Very few of these later Blue Thunder system bundles ever made it to store shelves or were even printed. 

4 hours ago, Blazing Lazers said:

Blue Thunder was definitely sold separately, but because it was the last release they didn't sell very many copies, so it's tough to find nowadays. One of the supposed reasons that the release was delayed is that they planned to put out more of these updated system bundles but poor sales scuttled the entire platform. Very few of these later Blue Thunder system bundles ever made it to store shelves or were even printed. 

But as you have found out first hand, the market is very small and a price tag that is so unpalatable being attached to it leads to sitting on it without completing a sale for years. It would be very interesting to see what this would go for on the open market with a 10 day auction starting at 1 cent. It would sell for sure. For how much? That is the real question.

2 minutes ago, Shawn said:

But as you have found out first hand, the market is very small and a price tag that is so unpalatable being attached to it leads to sitting on it without completing a sale for years. It would be very interesting to see what this would go for on the open market with a 10 day auction starting at 1 cent. It would sell for sure. For how much? That is the real question.

Any offer I would make would likely be insulting.  I have an Action Max system and Blue Thunder is the only tape I do not have.

7 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Any offer I would make would likely be insulting.  I have an Action Max system and Blue Thunder is the only tape I do not have.

The asking price I was told was what I would personally consider far above fair value and why I believe the asking price isn't posted publicly nor has it sold to any other interested parties who have also considered purchasing it over the last couple years. 

3 hours ago, Shawn said:

The asking price I was told was what I would personally consider far above fair value and why I believe the asking price isn't posted publicly nor has it sold to any other interested parties who have also considered purchasing it over the last couple years. 

Based on this post earlier in the thread, it looks like the price is $400 plus shipping, so price is listed?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...