IGNORED

HSC16 Round 13: Trolls and Tribulations

TROLLS AND TRIBULATIONS

image.png.f04a37d42f66a17e2bb60c7ffe002a70.png

Another of my all time favourites, two part levels with cretin bastin on the first parts and then a platformer to complete the levels.

If you're new to the game Shoot the cretins (more points for cretins on higher platforms), knock their eggs into the water, recharge gun by pulling down on the middle floor thingy. Go through door on right collect everything and get to the exit. At first the block based movement might seem a bit clunky, but you get used to it and can then go at full speed more or less. You *can* turn on the spot but safer to jump into a wall to bounce off. On the first screen you can hide in the doorway if things get tough. Fire does a regular jump over 1 space. To jump up to a higher platform push up and then hold l/r in the air.

Play on Level 1, no practising on 2 or 3. The game progresses through the levels.

links:

fandal ATR

checkout the review on atarimania

Bonus game pick any troll game and report back after you have played it: http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari_search_116.114.111.108.108._8_G.html

Have fun

Round ends Sunday 11th August 12pm UK time

• Like 1

First attempt... 2900 pts, didn't bother a screenshot. I don't mind the blocky scroll at all, but the controls... exactly which mushrooms did the programmer Jimmy Huey chew on? Down to shoot, up for a tall jump where you can't move sideways, fire for a shorter jump where you get to move sideways. I'll probably play it again, but right now I don't really look forward to it. Hopefully it will grow on me.

• Like 2

Different colors (this "green" one is like my version) -- different monitor settings or different actual versions?  Or maybe the colors change as the levels change?  Always liked this one and thought it deserved more attention.

-Larry

Ok, I'm starting to grasp the controls though I still don't like it very much. At least it plays fine on my PAL 130XE unlike some of the other games we've played.

Trolls and Tribulations - 13850 pts, reached level 1-3

trolls-tribulations-13850.thumb.jpg.79591fd9b4b1b5cacfa3e2df86905ec1.jpg

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

It's nice to see you've all been busy Atariing :thumbsup: 

I finally had a play on TnT after somehow getting a last minute game entered into the abbuc software contest - Lookout for "Block on Legs: First Steps" if you join abbuc you can download this and any other entries and vote for them ;)

I immediately got into Trolls 'n Tribs again, like putting on some old shoes - without the veruccas :D

70,700 Level 2 Maze 4.

2018624392_TnT70700.jpg.887d8d529b555a2bb4b48f29da6303a8.jpg

@McKong perhaps try an image from somewhere else Atari VJetnam ?

@RT air traffic conTROLler might just get a bonus point as I am partial to a good  pun :)

• Like 1