IGNORED

check you don't have auto-renewal for PS+ turned on again

Just warning everyone who has PS+ and definitely had auto-renewal turned OFF like I did .... I got dinged this morning for another year because somehow mysteriously my auto-renewal got TURNED BACK ON! Just go check your settings didn't get over written by some little update Sony forgot to advertise.

To cancel automatic renewal of your PlayStation®Plus subscription, select the service under (Settings) > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [PlayStation Subscriptions], and then select [Turn Off Auto-Renew].

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mord said:

This is why I only use 1-year prepaid cards instead of giving Sony (or Microsoft, or Nintendo) my credit card number. Although to be honest I haven't been a plus member for years at this point.

Always done the same. 

Pre-paid cards for both last generation and just carried on using them on PS4 this generation. 

Only really used the online side for the likes of Bloodborne,  Titan Fall 2 and Dark Souls 3.

The free PS+ games each month i either had or were not of interest.

Cannot see myself renewing anytime soon once subscription runs out as back into offline titles like Wasteland 2 at present.

Years ago I was quite certain I had auto renew disabled, yet the same thing happened to me with Xbox Live. Was a bit annoying since I had bought a subscription card anyways and was only a day late renewing, so I ended up resubscribing for two years instead of one. 

I was very happy a while later when Microsoft rolled out the ability to remove credit card information. Hasn't been a card tied to my Xbox Live account ever since. Easy enough to buy redemption codes online for credit or Xbox Live Gold, or just pick one up when I'm at brick & mortar retail store. 

Edited by Atariboy

• 4 weeks later...

Prepaid cards have always been the way to go :P I learned this like a decade ago on Xbox when I got hit for a subscription renewal, and I still had YEARS to go before mine ended (lots of those 1 month cards from the original xbox, as well as those 2 year deals for like $40 iirc)

• Like 1

What was worse than this was when my son excitedly activated his PS plus card he got for Christmas last year on his account.  His account was my sub-account (which is where all my games were added from previous PS plus downloads).  After contacting customer service several ways, they refused to transfer the credit from his account to mine and as a result, some of the games I wanted to play were no longer available (or I would have to purchase them).  So I haven't played much on the PS4 in 2019... and I don't see that changing a whole lot.  

At least I know for next year... IF my son gets a PS plus card for Christmas!  lol

• Like 1