IGNORED

Goblin ( 2600 )

Esci

Ive been working on a game for afew days and wanted to know what you guys thought about it so far

you play as a goblin with a stick who has to hunt slimes
currently each of the 6 areas has 8 slimes that you have to hunt

you use joystick 1 to move and the button to swing the stick

the stick must be on the slime in order to kill it and gain points
if you go into the blank areas on the sides of the screen it will put you in the next area so you can hunt more slimes

a pfscore bar will tell you how many slimes are left in the current area and when it hits 0 the slimes will stop spawning after killed

Goblin6.bin

sometimes when you go into a corner you will get stuck in the walls since im bad at collision stuff so it will reset your position and give you 1000 points when that happens

there is also no win screen or title screen yet since im still working on the world

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I encourage you to keep working on this !   You could use sprites for player and enemy , and missile for sword. You could have multiple enemies on screen ( might require flicker but that's ok ) .   You could  have enemies fire  missiles.   In order to have 2 players and two missiles on screen would require 2 line kernel but folks would help with that .     Currently contacting enemies does not hurt player.  Also,  game needs an objective ( such as kill all enemies and win ) .

• Like 1

After fixing most of the bugs ive been able to find ive almost run out of room for a 4kb rom (383 byte left) so if i want to add multiple enemies and have them able to attack ill probably have to figure out bank switching
I think im able to get enemies to be able to attack and damage the player with the space i have left but i might not be able to without getting bankswitching to work

In the current version you win by killing all 8 in each area, i got almost all collision issues fixed so the playfield doesnt flash colours when in the last 2 areas and so they player cant get stuck in the walls on corners, and i also made it so when you move to a different area the slime will be put in a random position on the screen instead of staying where it was before

Goblin11.bin

Edited by Esci
in
  • Like 1

I got missiles working and i tried getting multiple enemies on screen

I didnt like how multiple enemies was working so i decided not to use it

Also redid all of the code to free up some extra space so some stuff may be alittle broken

Goblin13 is with 2 enemies flikering and Goblin15 is with missiles

If the left slime didnt break i wouldve kept the multiple enemies

In 15 if you die it will reboot to the title screen, there is no way to restore health currently but you can change left difficulty to make the missile do more or less damage to you

Goblin13.bin Goblin15.bin

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had some issues with my laptop so i wasn't able to work on this much

But now i have those issues fixed and i can work on this again

I got bankswitching to work so now storage is nolonger an issue, and several bugs have been fixxed
I will add some more stuff and fix some other things tomorrow but for now I put the first version of the game in, if you go all the way to the left and hold up until you go out to the right you can see how bad the first version was :)

It's now possible to heal aswell

Goblin22.zip

I added a southwest area and southeast area

neither are complete yet

The southeast is a bigger snow area and the southwest is a maze

if you want to access the entire maze you have to change ram_EF to 01

I will put something in to unlock that area soon

I will put more slimes in the snow area so you can get a higher score since im not going to put any in the maze area (yet)

collision has also been changed to use way less space but its not fully working yet so you can use it to clip through walls

Goblin23.zip

• Like 1