IGNORED

A heroic weekend experiment

cmadruga

2 hours ago, artrag said:

maybe Kaimagazine could have the energies and the inspiration...

Yes, it's doable, I would have to adapt “Anthropomorphic Force (A-F)” enemy/player’s bullets physics, add “TNT cowboy” multi-directional scroll,  and the player’s physics from Ninja Odyssey and that’s pretty much it, so I am sure it is perfectly doable (but an insane amount of work).

Just in case you want to check what I mean:

Anthropomorphic Force (A-F)

TNT Cowboy

Ninja Odyssey

Anyway  I don't know if intellivision users would like that kind of game.

I am currently working in 2 intellivision games now, one of them is even more ambitious than a port of Black Tiger, so yes, Black Tiger can be ported to intellivision.

Edited by Kai_Magazine
  • Like 3

I've been designing assets for an Intellivision port/version of Black Tiger, among other games. Princess Quest is already setup for pretty much everything the game would need, so it's definitely possible.

Once I've got enough mockups ready, I'm going to create a thread for proof of concept ports and a separate thread for original IPs.

I'm trying to finish enough assets to complete each game before sharing them, but a few are more or less at that stage.

I also have some superfluous assets for H.E.R.O. I've been waiting till I finish one particular thing before posting them. Should be sometime this week. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kai_Magazine said:

Yes, it's doable, I would have to adapt “Anthropomorphic Force (A-F)” enemy/player’s bullets physics, add “TNT cowboy” multi-directional scroll,  and the player’s physics from Ninja Odyssey and that’s pretty much it, so I am sure it is perfectly doable (but an insane amount of work).

Just in case you want to check what I mean:

Anthropomorphic Force (A-F)

TNT Cowboy

Ninja Odyssey

Anyway  I don't know if intellivision users would like that kind of game.

I am currently working in 2 intellivision games now, one of them is even more ambitious than a port of Black Tiger, so yes, Black Tiger can be ported to intellivision.

Awesome news on all fronts! 

Ok so NOW I'm starting to grasp the implications of dynamic GRAM redefinition using VARPTR. Studying Arturo's Deep Zone source code has been inspiring ?

Amazing how much GRAM has been "freed up", I'm thinking about graphics and animation totally differently now.

Here is a test using different characters, which I call "Rod Jr", "Rod Sr", "AT-HELI" and "Droid". I switch them on the fly by pressing numbers.

Toying with the idea of giving them different characteristics (the Droid can hover right now), and maybe make them... unlockable? 

Kudos to TIX for the graphics, the guy is a machine.

Sound effects and music are coming together as well!

Another productive weekend!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

the drone is awesome!

it opens to double missions, where you first control the drone to e.g. stop a lava flow and open a passageway in deeper caves and later the human to rescue the survivor.

You could make the drone explode under a stone ceiling and make it fall on a lava flow. A lava waterfall that was blocking a cave deeper stops and the human can rescue the survivor 

Edited by artrag
  • Like 2

All right, so this weekend's productivity was "okay". 

Had to take a few steps back and figure out some issues with memory segment utilization. 

Got back on track and was also able to plug in some sound effects and songs from a very talented contributor.

I haven't found a real decent screen recorder with audio support, but this should give you an idea.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Black_Tiger said:

I haven't had any free time this week, so I'm just going to post this to use for the title screen if you like:

hero_title_ani.gif

http://superpcenginegrafx.net/misc/hero_title1.bmp

http://superpcenginegrafx.net/misc/hero_title2.bmp

http://superpcenginegrafx.net/misc/hero_title3.bmp

Cool, thanks! The game will actually be named "H.E.L.I."

It could look more like this...

What do you think?

Just don't ask me what it means... Rev's got the ball on that one ;-)

heli logo 2.png

Edited by cmadruga

It could also be that when downsizing the source image from 505x169 to 160x54 (or if that is 159x53), artifacts occur. I would recommend resizing the image to desired dimensions in a graphic program where you can control the palette and pixel colours, and then convert the image in its desired size and colours to Intellivision code.