IGNORED

Star Fire & Climber 5 @ AGE

Albert

AGEGames.gifWe are pleased to announce two new Atari 2600 homebrew games will make their debut at the upcoming Austin Gaming Expo. The first game, Climber 5, is a port by Dennis Debro of an Atari 8-bit computer game that originally appeared in COMPUTE! magazine back in 1987. The second game, Star Fire, is a loose translation of the Exidy arcade game of the same name, given new life on the Atari 2600 by Manuel Polik.

Both games will feature original artwork for their labels and manuals, and promise to be exciting additions to the Atari 2600 library. AtariAge will also be demonstrating several Atari 2600 and 5200 games presently in development. For complete details about the games we will be releasing and previewing at the show, please look here.

Ugh, I don't speak German, though I *did* take 4 years of French in college. All of these years later, I only remember two phrases:

"Ou est la biblioteque?" - "Where is the library?"

"Elle est na pas joile." - "She is not pretty."

Yeah, *that* will get me far.

Mein kartenautomart ist en de krankenwagen nicht de zug

'My ticket dispenser is in the ambulence, not the train'

Or something like that.

'Mi es estupido en la classe de espanol'

I am stupid in spanish class

Hi there!

/me wonders how difficult it would be to learn German.  :)

It'll probably be hard for someone speaking English to learn it in Germany, because You don't need to speak German here.

Almost everybody here will understand you good enough when speaking English, so you're never really forced to try your German skills.

BTW: If you ever come over to Germany, make sure to visit me in Bavaria. :)

So far my quest to lear the language isn't TOO bacd. I can count to twenty, and I can ask 'where are my keys'... Vo ist de schlussel?

eins

zwei

drei

fir

funf

sechts

seiben

acht

neun

zehn

elf

zwolf

dreizehn

firzein

funfzein

sechtszehn

seibenzhen

achtzhen

neunzehn

zwanzsig

Well, I can at least SAY them correctly. Still working out the spelling.

It'll probably be hard for someone speaking English to learn it in Germany, because You don't need to speak German here.

Almost everybody here will understand you good enough when speaking English, so you're never really forced to try your German skills.

Interesting point, although it still would be much easier to learn German in Germany, as you will be exposed to much more than just conversation with individuals. You have television, radio, printed materials, signs, and so forth, all of which would strongly encourage you to learn the language. And should you want to practice your spoken German, it'd be much easier to find someone willing to converse with you. :)

BTW: If you ever come over to Germany, make sure to visit me in Bavaria. :)

That's the plan. :)

..Al

eins

zwei  

drei

fir

funf

sechts

seiben  

acht

neun

zehn

elf

zwolf

dreizehn

firzein

funfzein

sechtszehn

seibenzhen

achtzhen

neunzehn

zwanzsig  

Well, I can at least SAY them correctly.  Still working out the spelling.

1..3, 8..11, 13 and 19 are spelled correct! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta love babelfish.. sure the translations suck, but what the hey? :D

CPUWIZ: @Manuel: The last screen SHOT looks genuinly n'bischen "shit"

Cybergoth: Hehe, I had already suggested Albert a bet, who brings as the first Greetings, Manuel

Thomas Jentzsch: Is "shit" if one is nevertheless also met, or?

CPUWIZ: EDIT: Is truely

I understand 2 languages.. english and Chamorro. I can't really speak Chamorro though as my tongue is too lazy. Interstingly, due to Germans occupying the island in ancient times, a lot of our words are mangled islander pronunciations of German.. for example: 'Batsu' came from 'Waltz' (say em fast VALTZ ... BATSU). Or of course like above you say "Kacke" (cah-key), we say "Taki" (tah-key).. etc. The examples go on :P

By the way Albert, that Starfire box/manual looks fucking SWEET 8)

Archived