IGNORED

Gradius for ColecoVision

PaultheRoman

So I'm very new to this community, and I can't really find much information concerning this, so here goes:
When will Gradius be available to buy again? Also, will it every be possible to buy the Rom (or pack of roms) the same way that CollectorVision does? Again, just a question, not trying to enrage anyone here. From what I've been able to see, roms are a no no here, but I can't really find out why. Thank you for your patience.

23 minutes ago, PaultheRoman said:

So I'm very new to this community, and I can't really find much information concerning this, so here goes:
When will Gradius be available to buy again? Also, will it every be possible to buy the Rom (or pack of roms) the same way that CollectorVision does? Again, just a question, not trying to enrage anyone here. From what I've been able to see, roms are a no no here, but I can't really find out why. Thank you for your patience.

I do believe a Gradius re-release was planned for this year, but may not make it. Maybe 2020.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Yes, we will rerelease next year. Many many request. One thing holding us back was our custom PCB which required programming the game in the factory, which means low volumes were prohibitive.
Now we have a new PCB that we can program as required. That makes low runs possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, opcode said:

Yes, we will rerelease next year. Many many request. One thing holding us back was our custom PCB which required programming the game in the factory, which means low volumes were prohibitive.
Now we have a new PCB that we can program as required. That makes low runs possible.

I just bought this. $230...not too bad, but it matches with my Penguin Adventure and SGM case, so I think that's the whole set.

2 hours ago, Master Phruby said:

Any chance we will see Pac-man DX be released? I have an old beta that doesn't really work very well on the Phoenix. It would be nice to have the completed version.

How about Space Invaders DX, The Maze of Galious and Lady Bug? I know DK is pretty much dead.

There is some talk going on. Fingers crossed...

On 11/9/2019 at 3:18 PM, opcode said:

Any chance the rerelease gets a Phoenix compatible upgrade?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Yosikuma said:

Can't wait to see some rereleases!

Latest newsletter states August 2022 for this and other releases that will use the new Super Game Cart PCB due to chip shortages. I do not know if this affects the Color Line series of games which are supplied on older Homebrew Cart PCBs.

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 10:10 AM, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Any news on Gradius? I know the chip shortage screwed everything up, but any chance it will be offered as a digital rom? Penguin Adventure would be cool to have digitally too and be able to use both on the Ultimate SD cart.

This?!!

Since a new run of SGM's has been released, I am sure more people are going to ask for re-releases to use it and/or how to purchase the roms. 

Thanks

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, discotronic said:

Is there a difference in the latest Gradius release from the last release? I do see that the logo on the box is different and the date is 2023 on the title screen. Were there any changes to the game itself? Is the cart label different as well? I haven't had a chance to dig my other cart out. 

Yes, different cartridge (both label and cartridge shell, now custom Opcode) and the game. Game got many tweaks, in several different stages. Power capsules are now animated, some enemies are different to better mirror the arcade, some color schemes are different and so on. I would consider the new version the definitive one.

On 11/29/2023 at 5:47 PM, opcode said:

Yes, different cartridge (both label and cartridge shell, now custom Opcode) and the game. Game got many tweaks, in several different stages. Power capsules are now animated, some enemies are different to better mirror the arcade, some color schemes are different and so on. I would consider the new version the definitive one.

Awesome. I thought I had read that some gameplay changes would be made but not sure where that was. Thanks for the info.