IGNORED

Win a Chuckwagon, Waterworld, & more....

bloatedmonkey

More power to you. The lemmings comment is not necessary though, I'm just suggesting a better way to raise money for your kids.

Sorry, that comment wasn't intended for you. The goal of this is NOT to make lots of money for my kid. This is just a way to make up some of the cost of the games that I'm giving away. A typical account only generates about $5 in 6 months, and I never expected to sign up over 100 people. Upromise just gave me a way to do that - don't worry, she's well taken care of.

As for "everything has a cost" - consider advertising: you get to watch TV for free, because vendors get to entice you to their product. That's the basis for Upromise. The guy above is more likely to get his gas at Mobil because he gets some money back. That's about as sinister as it gets.

I am signed up with upromise for my own kids. I have had no problems at all having my credit cards listed with that site.

Glad to hear that I'm not alone. Thanks for the support.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I ended up getting only 7 people to sign up for my contest. It's pretty disappointing, but so be it. The upside is that everyone who signed up has pretty good odds, and I like the idea of giving away games to someone who really wants them. I'm going to make sure that everyone who remains signed up through December gets a prize, even if they don't win one of the 3 advertized as a thanks for their support. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

Well, I ended up getting only 7 people to sign up for my contest.  It's pretty disappointing, but so be it.  The upside is that everyone who signed up has pretty good odds, and I like the idea of giving away games to someone who really wants them.  I'm going to make sure that everyone who remains signed up through December gets a prize, even if they don't win one of the 3 advertized as a thanks for their support.  I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

:!: FYI I tried to sign up, but the signup page kept looping me around in circles, so I gave up. Good luck to you and all the contestants. :wink:

• 2 months later...

Ahhhh Bloated Monkey.. finally...

well all, let me say,, dont buy shit off this idiot. I won two auctions off him long time ago, paid for both of em right away, got the order rigth away, a month later I get one positive feedback,, AND ONE NEGATIVE! right on top of each other. One of only five negatives I have. I called him about it and he said it was an 'accident' and he would contest it with ebay and safetrade, and also post a 'follow up' in my feedback admitting to the error.. BUT HE NEVER DID!! I also recieved a email at this time from someone (AA member) that stated he did same to him! stay away from this guy! and that pic of the 'giveaway' ?? he had same pic in his ad's for like 3 months straight half a year ago.. was suppose to be a contest than.. let me repeat.. this guy is an idiot and a lyer, or at least he was deffinetly that with me,,

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to assure everyone that there's nothing wrong with this contest. This guy didn't realize that this is in fact the same contest that started 6 months ago, and was trying to hurt my reputation because I evidently wronged him some time ago. If you have any concerns (and don't mind foul language) you can see the whole story here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39064 and here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39318 - it's not pretty.

The contest is still going and will end at the end of the month - I think I've made a whopping $40 so far. Bummer for me but good odds for those who are playing.

• 4 weeks later...
Just want to assure everyone that there's nothing wrong with this contest.  This guy didn't realize that this is in fact the same contest that started 6 months ago, and was trying to hurt my reputation because I evidently wronged him some time ago.  If you have any concerns (and don't mind foul language) you can see the whole story here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39064 and here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39318 - it's not pretty.

The contest is still going and will end at the end of the month - I think I've made a whopping $40 so far.  Bummer for me but good odds for those who are playing.

Ever heard of kharma? what goes around comes around. You deserve what you get :twisted:

Yup, none of those prizes are going to be awarded... Looks like povlok1 was correct. I just recieved an email notifying me that the a winner couldn't be determined because you can't get access to see which person earned the most $ on upromise. Way to put a lot of planning into your "contest" so that you could determine a winner, jackass! I'm suppose to contact you with some other message to try and win "one" of the pictured games. If anyone ever recieves anything from this fool, it seems like it will hardly be worth the hassle.

That whole Upromise thing is just a big advertising scam anyways. It does barely work as advertised but parents have been saying for years that using all the same stores and gas stations makes them like $10-50/year towards college savings. I don't think it's worth it just to get marketed towards.

Now in regards to BloatedMonkey's contest, I didn't enter but I saw that he posted here a few days ago so if he's still around he needs to find a way to award the few people who entered the contest the prize. Maybe randomly select a few winners and parse out the booty.

Yup, none of those prizes are going to be awarded...  Looks like povlok1 was correct.  I just recieved an email notifying me that the a winner couldn't be determined because you can't get access to see which person earned the most $ on upromise.  Way to put a lot of planning into your "contest" so that you could determine a winner, jackass!  I'm suppose to contact you with some other message to try and win "one" of the pictured games.  If anyone ever recieves anything from this fool, it seems like it will hardly be worth the hassle.

Nice. Actually, that wasn't exactly the problem. My "plan" was for everyone to email me how much they ended up contributing, then I would verify it with the total. But since the total was less than $50, nothing really got contributed (i.e., you still have all of the money you earned). If this makes me a liar, then fine. I've recieved some really nice emails from 5 of the other participants, so I don't feel as bad as I did a couple days ago. But evidently you took it personally, so I apologize again.

Also, as you must have missed in the email I sent you, I'm still awarding two of the prizes randomly as well as a token gift to any participant who wants one, just by sending your address. Interestingly, because of the way things worked out, if I were to strictly adhere to the original rules of the contest, I would end up having to give the rare games to my Mom. And I don't think she would appreciate them.

On a side note, I made $250 through Upromise in early '03 just by doing a no-cost refinance on my house. That's where I got this whole "brilliant" idea. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Interestingly, because of the way things worked out, if I were to strictly adhere to the original rules of the contest, I would end up having to give the rare games to my Mom.  And I don't think she would appreciate them.

Oh, I don't know about that. Does she have an email address? I'd be willing to make a nice offer on her prize package :D

If anyone ever recieves any "random" prizes, please post it here.  I'll do the same.   ;)

:? I still have not received your address. I think everyone has responded except you. From my email:

As thanks for taking the time to try this, if you send me your name and address, I will send you a boxed copy of Pick 'n Pile for the Atari 2600. If you don't collect 2600 games, let me know and we'll try to come up with a more appropriate gift. Also, from those who respond with their address by January 7, I will pick two names at random and send one the "second prize" (5 games) and the other the "random prize" (t-shirts and mouse pads).

Though I won't enjoy sending you something at my expense after your insults, I still will, but only if you let me know where to send it.

Oh, I don't know about that. Does she have an email address? I'd be willing to make a nice offer on her prize package

Hmmm....My Mom's is in desparate need of a new computer. I figure these games are worth close to what a low-end computer costs these days. Perhaps I should sell them and get my mom something she can appreciate. It seems that would be the right thing to do, though I'm sure there's nothing I can do that would please this group.

You already have a bad reputation around here anyway

Is that true? I thought that was just a recent thing between me and Povlok. Was that the case before this contest started?

That feedback issue got blown way out of proportion, probably because I called Povlok a moron when he started attacking me all of a sudden with lots of 4-letter words, after not hearing from him for 6 months. I didn't realize we had had an issue that whole time, since I only ever got one email from him back in February which I thought I had responded to adequately. Same with HH. I had no reason to believe there was anything to resolve with either until Povlok started telling everyone last month that I was, well, lots of unpleasant things. I am working to restore HH's feedback (first through Ebay, then if unsuccessful, through SquareTrade). I don't know who is the "third person" Povlok is refering to, since nobody else contacted me about a false negative, and he hasn't provided a name.

I've done business with many of you over several years, and I never had anyone question my integrity until now. I apologize for whatever it was I did that offended you guys.

You told everyone who signed up that you would award these games even if you only received a dollar. Since you only had 7 entries and you have 8 rare games, you should give 6 people one of the rare games and the 7th person should receive 2 games. You can pick the names out of a hat to determine who gets what games. It is not the fault of everyone who enterered that you are unable to determine who the winner is.

Archived