IGNORED

Win a Chuckwagon, Waterworld, & more....

bloatedmonkey

You told everyone who signed up that you would award these games even if you only received a dollar.  

But I didn't receive a dollar, unless you count my mom's contribution. That's why I said I should give her the money. Including shipping, I'm spending around $75 on the stuff I'm sending out on Monday, and I've received nothing in return but a big headache. That's not enough punishment for a bad idea? :?

You told everyone who signed up that you would award these games even if you only received a dollar.  

But I didn't receive a dollar, unless you count my mom's contribution. That's why I said I should give her the money. Including shipping, I'm spending around $75 on the stuff I'm sending out on Monday, and I've received nothing in return but a big headache. That's not enough punishment for a bad idea? :?

See, I think you missed the whole point of a "contest". It's should be meant to award something to someone and the contributer shouldn't expect ANYTHING in return. That's the problem here. You are complaining to the contestants about a big headache. That is why I simply stated you can keep your crap, because I don't want it. What WERE you expecting anyway? Praise?

As mcgrail0007 pointed out, if you couldn't determine a winner, you should have awarded the prizes at random. The only one who seems to be benefiting now is yourself since the prizes in the bogus contest left unawarded are going to be sold. It's true you can't please everyone here and some of those on AA wanted you to sell them anyway but, I think I speak for all who entered in saying that you suck as a contestant host.

In every contest I've ever entered, family members and employees are never allowed to participate. Use some common sense here man. :roll:

That's just a bad move. You said that these games were going to be awarded no matter what. You shouldn't have bothered if you were just going to pull crap like this.

I had a contest that was a bust and I still awarded the prize to the rightful winner.

I wasn't a contestant in this contest, so there's no alterior motive here. All I can say is that there is no way I'll ever bid on anything you try to sell on Ebay if you back out the way you are trying to, and I hope others follow suit. My opinion of you is sinking by the minute. :|

You are complaining to the contestants about a big headache.

Not exactly. The big headache was from those who sat on the sidelines criticizing. The contestants (save one) have been very pleasant to deal with.

If anyone ever recieves any "random" prizes, please post it here. I'll do the same.
That is why I simply stated you can keep your crap

:? Did I miss something? If you sent me an email, I haven't received it. Please PM me if you want to get in touch with me.

The only one who seems to be benefiting now is yourself

:? If you think that I've profited from this contest, please tell me how.

I had a contest that was a bust and I still awarded the prize to the rightful winner.

At least you had a rightful winner. How much was the prize worth (i.e., did it have a significant financial impact on you)? Please don't say that it doesn't matter unless you've been there. Did people tell you it was a stupid idea from the beginning, urging others not to participate, then expect you to be a saint when it flopped?

Well, in todays mail I received the Pick N Pile, as promised and the set of Telegames games. Although this contect ended up being a bust, I believe the initial idea was a good one and it opened up a new doorway for me for Upromise where I have already expanded my "family". Thank you again Bloated Monkey.

i received my box of t-shirts, mouse pads and pick and pile as promised. thanks!

though i'm disappointed the contest was bust, i consider myself a guest and subject to rules the contest host makes. and if the contest host wants to pull the contest without notice, then so be it cause they own the contest. in this case, a prize was awarded to everyone.

i appreciate the efforts of members of the community to offer free stuff. thanks, again.

Archived