IGNORED

Problem with Atari Flashback 9

Mauro Pallotta

Hello guys!:)

Sorry for my english! I have a serious problem with my new Atari Flashback 9.

I have used fine the console with original firmware. Yesterday i have installed the custom firmware for adding other roms to sd card. I have purchase a new Kingston 8gb microsd card with adapter, and i have copied the update on the microsd card.

The update process have finished regularly, and on reboot the "SD Card" option have been added.

The problem is that after the installation of custom firmware, any game does not work. All original games (in console memory) not work. And obviously all game copied on sd card, have the same problem.

When i press the start button, a black screen appears.....and seems to be loading the game. But after 2 seconds, the previous screen returns.

I have tried to install the official firmware, but the problem is the same.

Please help me!!:)

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to try contacting Atgames about it.  There is a reset switch inside, but you’d have to break the warranty seal to get to that.  I think that you could put the new firmware on the SD card, then turn on while pressing the reset to get it to drop out to the base system.

You may get a test screen with cryptic instructions — if so, it should be asking you to press some button combinations on the box to do stuff.

• 1 month later...

I think the standard edition console is more finicky than the Gold version. For me, the same SD card that works fine in my Gold console seems too slow in the Standard FB9. 

It took me a bit of testing with a few SD cards before I successfully got it working. 

Remember that with the custom firmware, it’s mounting the “rom” folder on the SD card as a partition instead of the internal one, so if your FB9 is having any trouble with the SD card, it will cause flaky behavior.

You can delete the mount_sd.ini from your SD card to use it without mounting your custom rom folder.  You’ll still have access to the ROMs in the GAME folder. If you still have trouble, definitely try another SD card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Similar problem as Britt. After firmware was updated, my FB 9 (Hdmi model) got stuck into "botting" mode, just showing ATGames Logo several times w/o any chance to enter main menu. Have tested on different Hdmi Monitor with no luck. Any advise or how to reset console to original state would be appreciated.  

• 7 months later...

Please, managed to solve the problem?

On 1/16/2020 at 7:27 PM, Caesar O said:

Similar problem as Britt. After firmware was updated, my FB 9 (Hdmi model) got stuck into "botting" mode, just showing ATGames Logo several times w/o any chance to enter main menu. Have tested on different Hdmi Monitor with no luck. Any advise or how to reset console to original state would be appreciated.