IGNORED

Ynxa - a new platformer for the Lynx

Fadest

Anybody else gotten this far yet besides me and @neogeo1982?

@Fadest I played through most of the paths again. I found one mysterious switch in the Path of Compassion that I couldn’t figure out the function of, but so far no luck in making it do anything… any other advice you can give on finding the secret room without spoiling it?

I thought about what you said about the letters in the Path of Serenity, and I think I get it. With the additional symbols there are seven letters and a switch for each to go with the seven switches below. But do the symbols mean anything or are they just pleasant looking?

• Like 1

Rygar also completed the game, and knows the secret of Leaf (of course, he completed it during beta testing phase, but the ending has just been added for final release, in order not to spiol beta testers).

For the secret "room",  hard to give more clues.

Spoiler

It's in a level where there are lots of switches and doors. Final switch unlock access to final door, but also to another door back in the level...

Read this second spoiler only if you want a more direct clue

Spoiler

Are your really sure you want to read it

Spoiler

It's in a wet world...

In Path of Serenity,

Spoiler

the clues are obviously the switches. The reste is here for esthetic and to confuse player (not making the clues too obvious).

This spoiler speaks about other paths:

Spoiler

This is kind of the same in final stage of Path of Nihilism with the monkeys blocs on 1st screen)

And of course in Path of Wisdom when there is only 1 good exit on 6 (the 5 others make you fall into lava), and somewhere in the level, there is a clue where the monkey blocs show you the good exit)

Edited by Fadest
  • Thanks 1

I found the secret! And there is a hint at it early in this thread… I will say that it is not a hidden door or anything, it’s fully visible. You just have to realize that it is now accessible…

Got one more artifact. Went back to the treasure room and still am stuck. I might have to play the pyramid complex with a map - it’s huge!!

Batteries are dead now :)

• Like 2

Congrats on completing the game.

This poor little green gem, lost somewhere :(

Do you know that even if you completed the game and choose continue, you go back at the start of final level, so you can use Quit Level in Options menu and get back to start of the game to explore again ?

• Like 2

You know you can get the NiMh charge kit, install it in your Lynx and be able to play your Lynx while you charge batteries at the same time?

It's in our shop - https://atarigamer.com/shop/CapacitorPowerCircuitMOSFETandZenerandNiMhChargeKits/5406650965950464

Install guide here -

https://atarigamer.com/pages/installing-bennvenn-s-nimh-charge-module-into-an-atari-lynx-2

• Like 1

On the other hand, I can use these in my Nomad, my Game Gear, my TurboExpress, my LCD handhelds… though that would be really valuable for the Lynx I that rechargeable batteries won’t come out of!

A9A79DC4-8AF7-484E-89CB-9F9B9219B93A.thumb.jpeg.1ba9c62eb590bbfd3f00cdc35322f628.jpeg

Found the last gem! After many restarts. I know the pyramid very well now… The worst part is that I realized I had gone in the room with it and not even realized I could get it. D’oh. Oh well. I can confirm that Fadest isn’t fibbing when he says it doesn’t change the ending! :D 

@Fadest, did is the composer a secret?

62C0143A-90ED-4D70-AC26-1255E0EC9034.thumb.jpeg.8c4446c395930236720ed0795070a3e6.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 12/1/2023 at 10:12 PM, Fadest said:

Ynxa for GB & Lynx is now available as Digital release on itch.io, it includes the ROM for both console (and a "Windows folder" with a batch launching Felyx to play the Lynx ROM), the map pack, the GB booklet and wallpapers...

https://fadest.itch.io/ynxa

I love the idea to sell it as digital release. Just took the chance. Thank you, I loved the demo version so I am sure I will enjoy the Deluxe Edition, too.

• Thanks 2