IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 12 - Round 32 - Pitfall!

Colecovision-logo.jpg

HIGH SCORE CLUB

Round 32 Season 12 (Final Round)

Pitfall! ScreenshotPitfall! for Colecovision Box ArtPitfall! Screenshot

Game Information

Game Name: Pitfall!

Released by: Original Game: Activision - David Crane 1982. CV: Activision 1983.

Settings: Turn it on & play. 

CV HSC High Score: 114,000 Northcoastgamer (1/2015 HSC8).

Manual:  http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/pitfall manual.pdf

Pitfall! Bonus Points: Play the game & post a score= +3

Score 10,000= +2, Score 20,000= +3, Score 30,000= +4, Score 45,000= +5, Score 75,000= +7, Score 105,000+10, Score 110,000 & up= +12, PERFECT GAME (114,000)= +15

Break or set a new CV HSC High Score= +10

In the event of a tie, everyone that scores 114,000 will be awarded 100 points for the round. The player with the most time left will earn another 10 pts. After you collect the last treasure (around 113,000 - 114,000) PAUSE the game! 2 on the keypad pauses the game,1 on the keypad resumes play.

Round Ends: Tuesday September 10th at 12pm(PST) 3pm (EST)

Everyone who posts a score throughout the season will be entered into a drawing at seasons end for a special prize!

The same rules and scoring system that have been used the past few seasons will be in play this season as well.  Season 12 rules: http://atariage.com/...1-cv-hsc-rules/

our-vision.JPG

Good Luck!

Final Pitfall! Scores

1)113,775 Bmack36  +3 +12

2)105,900 jblenkle  +3 +10

3)  70,625 zaphro72  +3 +7

4)  64,599 Loafer  +3 +5

5)  55,905 DuggerVideoGames  +3 +5

6)  34,892 chromesphere +3 +4 

7)  28,918 S.BAZ  +3 +3 

Late Scores

8)14,308 digress  +3 

Round 32 Totals - Including Bonus Points

1){115} Bmack36

2){106} jblenkle

3) {72}  zaphro72

4) {65}  Loafer

5) {57}  DuggerVideoGames

6) {38}  chromesphere

7) {31}  S.BAZ

8)   {3}   digress

pitfall-1983.rom

16 hours ago, DuggerVideoGames said:

29,685 pts.  I've always liked this game, but some of the deaths are horseshit sometimes.  Lost two lives at this part because the guy doesn't grab the rope (but ends up jumping past the rope and into the water).

Reminds me of my dad saying "What is this happy horseshit?"

Wow I'm really falling for this game again, 37 years later!  I keep progressing!  32,236.  Because of lack of free time not sure I'll be able to top that but I keep getting better and finally have my timing down on those damn crocs and just remembered you can land on their heads with the mouth open!

Pitfall score.jpg

Edited by Loafer
edit: forgot to attach pic!

I've just played a few hours of Pitfall and even though it's a very repetitive game, man that was a BLAST!  I finally got into the zone a bit, mad at myself for failing on a few routine places, such as the screenshot shows (really?  Dying by the flame??).  It does make me wish we could get some additional details on our achievements such as how many treasures we collected, which treasures, how many screens we explored, etc.  Still, considering the era this game was made it, it's an achievement then, and a super fun time now.  I finished it back in the day and I know after today I could still get there given the available time. I'm not sure I could collect ALL the treasures though but I know I could at least last until the counter gets to zero.

Pitfall score final.jpg

• Like 1

This competition and I guess the Arrival of Phoenix are the main reasons why I’ve been playing so much colecovision games of late

Pitfall is surprising me, even after yesterday’s deadline I put in at least another 90 min into it and bettered my score (66,8xx range I think).  I don’t know if I have the patience to finish it completely but I’m going to get to at least the time out screen.  Yesterday I was at 8:30min left with no lives lost, got a phone call, paused it but when I returned I was out of “the zone” and promptly lost two lives within about 30 seconds lol

wonderful game 

1 hour ago, Loafer said:

This competition and I guess the Arrival of Phoenix are the main reasons why I’ve been playing so much colecovision games of late

Pitfall is surprising me, even after yesterday’s deadline I put in at least another 90 min into it and bettered my score (66,8xx range I think).  I don’t know if I have the patience to finish it completely but I’m going to get to at least the time out screen.  Yesterday I was at 8:30min left with no lives lost, got a phone call, paused it but when I returned I was out of “the zone” and promptly lost two lives within about 30 seconds lol

wonderful game 

I played till 2 am to get my score because I was so into it haha. I have always loved the Colecovision but this definitely has pushed me to pick up the controller and play games I don't normally consider.