IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 12 - Round 32 - Pitfall!

Well I know the contest is over but since I’ve fallen head over heels for this game again, I’m motivated to try and finish the game.  Last week I got my score up in the 80’s and tonight I came ever so close to finishing it, i mean it was CLOSE!  Damn cat was attention whorering, driving me NUTS!!

I’m not sure if I had enough time to find the last treasures (maybe just one or two left?).  Note: I’m just heading left the entire time, I find I always lose a life and run the risk of forgetting where to turn right if I try and use the layout that was posted earlier in the thread.  In fact for me, trying to use it I’d need a spotter I think lol

anyway this has me wondering if I ever did get all the treasures back in the day.  Memory is a fickle bitch, just not sure.  So whatever, I cracked 100K, reflexes aren’t that bad after all at 55!  I think I’m more proud of this tonight than I have Videogame wise in a long, long time 

edit:  well I took a look at the map and I think I'm on screen 21.  That means there's no way with 35 seconds left I could get to the last treasure which is on screen 7, unless I find a way to shave some serious seconds here and there.  Oye!

A3E60E13-2AD3-4212-B711-089B4BD05C3A.jpeg

Edited by Loafer
sad realization

11 hours ago, Loafer said:

Well I know the contest is over but since I’ve fallen head over heels for this game again, I’m motivated to try and finish the game.  Last week I got my score up in the 80’s and tonight I came ever so close to finishing it, i mean it was CLOSE!  Damn cat was attention whorering, driving me NUTS!!

I’m not sure if I had enough time to find the last treasures (maybe just one or two left?).  Note: I’m just heading left the entire time, I find I always lose a life and run the risk of forgetting where to turn right if I try and use the layout that was posted earlier in the thread.  In fact for me, trying to use it I’d need a spotter I think lol

anyway this has me wondering if I ever did get all the treasures back in the day.  Memory is a fickle bitch, just not sure.  So whatever, I cracked 100K, reflexes aren’t that bad after all at 55!  I think I’m more proud of this tonight than I have Videogame wise in a long, long time 

edit:  well I took a look at the map and I think I'm on screen 21.  That means there's no way with 35 seconds left I could get to the last treasure which is on screen 7, unless I find a way to shave some serious seconds here and there.  Oye!

A3E60E13-2AD3-4212-B711-089B4BD05C3A.jpeg

What I found that works best with the map is to pause the game occasionally to confirm where you are at. Also pay attention to what the screens are like where you have to make direction changes or drop down the level as it is very detailed on what appears on the screens where you need to do something. I suggest having the map printed too, or I find it easier to read. That being said you have made it further then I have so far.