IGNORED

Torchlight II has been resurrected!

Hydro Thunder

If you like Dungeon Crawlers...well...

https://boingboing.net/2019/09/05/the-nintendo-switch-is-the-bes.html

Personally, LOVE Torchlight.  Still play the first one on Xb1 (360).  Had the demo of the sequel on PC, but I'm not a PC gamer, so never got the full game and kept hoping it would make its way to PS3 or 360, and then Runic Games closed.  And out of nowhere....voila!  TL2 out for Switch, Xb1, PS4...and getting rave reviews!  And it's only $20! :) :) :)

Torchlight II.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about halfway through, gonna be playing on the train today. It's a great port, no control issues on my end. They only thing that stands out really is that the pet idea, where it can sell junk items in town is still a fantastic idea. Miss that when I play diablo. Otherwise, it's the same Diablo 2 inspired goodness I remember... even if it does get a bit samey after awhile.

• 2 months later...

Bumpity bump since I just purchased Torchlight II.  :)  They released a content/stability patch recently that seems like it has resolved a lot of the weird issues my wife was experiencing.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/torchlight-ii/news/detail/11319233-post-launch-patch-2-quality-of-life-update-notes

Kinda like Diablo, you hold down the face buttons to attack (for the life of me i dont remember which specific ones since i'm not in front of it, lol).   i was greatly relieved to see i didn't have to mash the 'A' button a billion times to attack.

Left analog/d-pad moves, Right analog adjusts the zoom of the camera.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Posting in the Modern tracker reminded me I wanted to bump this thread with my experiences on the game.

I've put a little over 100 hours in since I purchased it and really only seen a couple instances where the game went wacky on me- all in my latest playthrough.  My Outlander had a few times where they clipped through a wall (one of the times they got stuck and I had to save/exit/reload to get out).  Otherwise, I'd say it was $20 well-spent!

• Like 2

I never put that kind of time into it on PC but the game was entirely enjoyable.  I tend to hit the ending and finish unless I have so little going on I try another style of character out.  I picked up the pair on GoG at the same time when they hit a sale and just ran through the pair enjoying every moment of it.  It confuses me why they didn't bring up the first one too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I never put that kind of time into it on PC but the game was entirely enjoyable.  I tend to hit the ending and finish unless I have so little going on I try another style of character out.  I picked up the pair on GoG at the same time when they hit a sale and just ran through the pair enjoying every moment of it.  It confuses me why they didn't bring up the first one too.

they're super charming games- I've sunk some good time into the series between PC, XBox, and Switch.  :)  I'd for sure pick up Torchlight if it was ported.

switching companies, I'd probably pick up Deathspank too if it was ported/revived, haha.