IGNORED

The next game or demo competition for Atari Lynx!

rj1307

Our last Atari Lynx game competition is still being talked about and I would like to invite you to the next one!

This year's December Silly Venture event organized in Poland will be devoted primarily to the 30th anniversary of the creation of Atari Lynx. On that occasion, I'm inviting you to take part in the competitions in two categories: "Lynx Demo Compo" and "Lynx Game Compo". The attractive prizes are waiting for you!

lynxcompo.jpg

The first place, in a given category, will be rewarded with the Atari Lynx II console with a new fantastic LCD screen BennVenn + AgaCart + power supply + ComLynx cable, all in the special packaging. There are also other interesting prizes for second and third places.

All in all, you can win two sets of consoles!

In order to win the prizes, you  don't have to participate in the party. You just have to send your application to the e-mail: atari@sillyventure.eu and then send your work to the same address.
In the competition may take part in unpublished works, ports from other platforms are possible.

The voting will take place on 7th December and the works will be evaluated by the participants during the party.

All the prizes will be sent to the winners to the indicated address. The deadline for submitting the works is 30th November 2019.

All the works will be presented on a Lynx II console connected to the projector through the VGA output.

The details of the competition regulations are available at http://sillyventure.eu/en/compos

I also invite sponsors to support our event. :)

Edited by rj1307
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I wish I could join Silly Venture this year but I am on stage during that week-end. This is a good opportunity for any developers who missed the AtariGamer competition.

At most I could throw in a quick mini game. If there is enough time between the end of eJagfest and 30th of November.
Hmm. Actually I believe I know exactly what to create for that competition :)

Does the Silly Venture have some special mascot, graphics or tune? Is there some theme that sets Silly Venture apart from other events. Like strong demo scene? Electronic music?

5 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

I remember someone actually coded a 1k game on the lynx... was it Karri or Fadest maybe?

Would be fun to have something like this, to limit the scope, and then all entries could be packed in one multi-game cartridge :)

512 games? That's insane!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

I remember someone actually coded a 1k game on the lynx... was it Karri or Fadest maybe?

Would be fun to have something like this, to limit the scope, and then all entries could be packed in one multi-game cartridge :)

It was Karri and Sage I guess (Othello on Lynx Reloaded).

I just made a 4kb game once (Limny), but in C, not in ASM. 

7 hours ago, karri said:

I wish I could join Silly Venture this year but I am on stage during that week-end. This is a good opportunity for any developers who missed the AtariGamer competition.

At most I could throw in a quick mini game. If there is enough time between the end of eJagfest and 30th of November.
Hmm. Actually I believe I know exactly what to create for that competition :)

Does the Silly Venture have some special mascot, graphics or tune? Is there some theme that sets Silly Venture apart from other events. Like strong demo scene? Electronic music?

@karri, I paste the answer of the main organizer, Grey's:

> "Does the Silly Venture have some special mascot, graphics or tune?

Well, not really :) Every edition has different tune, logo/graphics - in the attachment is the current one (SV2k19 logo).

> there some theme that sets Silly Venture apart from other events.
> Like strong demo scene? Electronic music?

Hmm, just to name a few: "the biggest amount of worldwide ATARI visitors - over 200!", "Atari Related Prizes",  "Endless Compo Night - over 100 submitted entries for all possible Atari platforms each year", "Unforgettable Concerts powered by Atari consoles/computers" etc etc.

sv2k19_logo_3_9x640.gif

6 hours ago, VladR said:

Assuming some other sponsors manifest, would you open up some other subcategories, like 4 KB or 16 KB demo ? Those are common on ST/Falcon/AtariXL.

Unfortunately, there are no such categories. If anyone wants to exhibit such work, they will be exhibited in the category "Demo" with the annotation "4k", "Intro" etc.

Edited by rj1307

11 hours ago, 42bs said:

? 4KB on the Lynx? Common that's too much. 1KB maybe ?

How's that too much if Atari XL has a 16 KB demo category ? That's 4x as much on ~same (minus clock, and C) 8-bit 6502 CPU.

Earlier this year I was doing some 2 KB experiments on 6502 and it's surprising how much you can cram into 2 KB of ASM code. So, 4 KB would feel like a sweet spot with some music.

5 hours ago, rj1307 said:

Unfortunately, there are no such categories. If anyone wants to exhibit such work, they will be exhibited in the category "Demo" with the annotation "4k", "Intro" etc.

So, just to double confirm the target size here - it's 64 KB, then - correct ? No SD card, etc. ?

Perfect! I've been waiting for this announcement for weeks now Rafal! I'll also try and submit something, there's probably enough time for me to do it. Thanks for timing this announcement perfectly in time with the Atari Gamer competition deadline! ?

27 minutes ago, laoo said:

Just read the compo rules. No one is really talking about any target size except you.

Oh, you mean this one (copy paste from SV page):

Atari LYNX Demo Compo

There's just one rule: NO RULES! :) we didn't hear about any hardware extensions, so you must to take the challenge with original hardware :-)

Yeah. That totally explains it ! Silly(venture) me :)

• 3 weeks later...