IGNORED

WTB: Amiga 500 or 600

icbrkr

Just what the topic says I'd like to get a plain jane A500 (or A600 even) with Kickstart 1.3 (or 2.04 if you have it), 512K to 1MB of RAM, mouse and power supply in good shape (no yellowed ones ). I don't need any sort of software, accelerator, CDROM, add on HD, etc. I'm looking for a machine I can play a bunch of my games that don't run on my A1200 easily.

Name your price, trade, whatever.

Thanks!

Brian

Much as "Places... near things" is a cute location, I have an Amiga 500 here in Perth, Australia that could do with a better home -- what country are you in?

I'm in the US, so unfortunately that wouldn't work out (unless I got a US power supply and hacked up a few traces on the motherboard) :).

Brian

It's been a while since my amiga days, but couldn't you try one of those multi-boot kickstart. I know I had one in my a500, dunno if they are possible for the a1200. It's a hardware upgrade and you just hit certain keys (I think) on boot-up to change kickstarts.

It's been a while since my amiga days, but couldn't you try one of those multi-boot kickstart.  I know I had one in my a500, dunno if they are possible for the a1200.  It's a hardware upgrade and you just hit certain keys (I think) on boot-up to change kickstarts.

It might be possible, but because I have an '030 accelerator in there, tons of fastram, an AGA chipset, etc, it changes the memory locations of some things, and confuses a lot of old games. You can get them to work, but it takes a lot of tweaking and hacking... I just wanna play :)

Brian

It's been a while since my amiga days, but couldn't you try one of those multi-boot kickstart.  I know I had one in my a500, dunno if they are possible for the a1200.  It's a hardware upgrade and you just hit certain keys (I think) on boot-up to change kickstarts.

It might be possible, but because I have an '030 accelerator in there, tons of fastram, an AGA chipset, etc, it changes the memory locations of some things, and confuses a lot of old games. You can get them to work, but it takes a lot of tweaking and hacking... I just wanna play :)

Brian

Oh... well you didn't say that... :P

Interesting, I wasn't aware of the Amiga 600 and just looked up some info on it thanks to Google. Pretty small machine, interesting also that there was a version with a 40MB HD. I'll have to see if the Goodwill Computerworks museum has one the next time I'm there. I do have an Amiga 500 myself..

..Al

Interesting, I wasn't aware of the Amiga 600 and just looked up some info on it thanks to Google.  Pretty small machine, interesting also that there was a version with a 40MB HD.  I'll have to see if the Goodwill Computerworks museum has one the next time I'm there.  I do have an Amiga 500 myself..  

..Al

The 600 didn't sell too well.. I personally had one back in 1993 and loved it. Of course, I gave it away along with a CDTV. Yes, I feel stupid now :) I wish I still had one.

Brian

I had an amiga 600 as well, and boy was it hard to get. The place I bought it from was always out of stock and they were having problems getting the IDE drives to work with it.

Nice compact machine though. Wish I never sold it.

Of course, I gave it away along with a CDTV.

I miss my CDTV too :(

The A600 and A1200 were quite popular over here in Australia, though not nearly as popular as the original 500. I think the biggest disappointment was the CD32 -- it looked and felt like a toy, especially after the CDTV, even though it was easily expanded to be just as functional as a 600 with a CD drive.

If I hadn't been primarly a PC person, I would have done more Amiga stuff...

Archived