IGNORED

Flashback 9 SD Card Alphabetize

Jim Drake

Hi all!

I've got a working Flashback 9 with a working SD card. My question is: When I add new games to the SD card, the new games appear to alphabetize on the PC, but they don't alphabetize on the FB9 console. Is there a way to clean this up?

(Do I have to start over and reformat/reload the SD card each time?)

Thanks for the link.  I tried it, and SD Sorter did alphabetize on the Flashback menu. But, now the Flashback SD Card menu "starts" the "A" games on screen 64 (of 87 screens total) instead of on screen 1 like it did before.

I tried restarting the FB9 and reloading their initial software install, too.

Just for the heck of it, I reformatted the card and reloaded all the games - and now everything's sorted out.

From past experience on the FB handheld, all I do is keep a backup folder of all my games on my PC or USB stick.  When I want to add a game, I add it to the backup folder, then I delete all the games on my SD card for the FB.  After that I select all the games in the backup folder and copy them to the SD card making sure I'm starting with the first file in the folder.  This method copies the files over in alphabetical order which will keep it in alpha order on the SD card when read by the FB system.  Hope this makes sense...