IGNORED

looking for colecovision power supply

Shannon

hmmmm seems the colecovision I got my hands on has the level select bug which from reading the FAQ's is caused by a fried SN74LS541N chip. I actually think (with my recent 5200 experiences) that I can fix this.

But someone from here also told me that colecovision's are kinda finicky about power supplies as well, does anyone know of a website or anywhere that talks about this?

hmmmm seems the colecovision I got my hands on has the level select bug which from reading the FAQ's is caused by a fried SN74LS541N chip.  I actually think (with my recent 5200 experiences) that I can fix this.

But someone from here also told me that colecovision's are kinda finicky about power supplies as well, does anyone know of a website or anywhere that talks about this?

The power SWITCH is often flaky too. You should take your CV apart and give it a real good cleaning first and foremost. Do it outside - I've heard MANY tales of roaches inside CVs.

CV is a great system - once you debug it. :roll:

hmmmm seems the colecovision I got my hands on has the level select bug which from reading the FAQ's is caused by a fried SN74LS541N chip.  I actually think (with my recent 5200 experiences) that I can fix this.

The power SWITCH is often flaky too. You should take your CV apart and give it a real good cleaning first and foremost. Do it outside - I've heard MANY tales of roaches inside CVs.

CV is a great system - once you debug it. :roll:

lol there may be more truth to that than I know... I had a 5200 wizard of wor cart that was full of dead bee's or something... grossed me out.

Hey thanks guys... I may be able to get away with not having to do anything. It seems the power supply was a little loose (so I messed with the prongs a little bit).

The level select problem goes away when I have the roller controller hooked up. Now how is that for strange?

The weird thing is I was trying to use the super action controller, seems they don't have any buttons mapped to the "normal controller" buttons. Or am I missing something.

I don't think I have any super action games yet.

Archived