IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

10 hours ago, eggimac said:

Checked connection between pins of boot0 and boot1 with multimeter - properly shorted. I'll check all connections between STM32 and PlusCart board. Hope, this helps.

On 5/21/2021 at 12:49 PM, eggimac said:

Checked connection between pins of boot0 and boot1 with multimeter - properly shorted. I'll check all connections between STM32 and PlusCart board. Hope, this helps.

Got it. Problem while flashing. "don't erase before writing" was checked (by default?) - so garbage in, garbage out… Now it's works as it should
Thanks to all for your help

• Like 3

Solar Fox has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.
PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL, PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Solar Fox:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=38

SolarFox.png.b9ceb47bc5f6fac895ef0a28420bfc1c.png

• Like 10

8 hours ago, Fierodoug5 said:

I played six games on Solar Fox and only one recorded a score.

Is it just me?

maybe just v2.0.14 and v2.0.17

I'll release an update for the draft firmware soon, this should fix some issues with the unified firmware and the PlusROM functions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

maybe just v2.0.14 and v2.0.17

I'll release an update for the draft firmware soon, this should fix some issues with the unified firmware and the PlusROM functions.

I should have read this first...same thing happened to me with Solar Fox and Frogger.

43 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I should have read this first...same thing happened to me with Solar Fox

Your Solar Fox Score have been sent. But I had made some changes in the Database, so they have been stored with a wrong/invalid game variation.

I have fixed my changes and repaired your Solar Fox scores.

43 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

and Frogger.

I cannot find Frogger scores sent by your PlusCart in the database or the log-files.  For a more detailed search in the webserver logs I need the time when you have played frogger.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Your Solar Fox Score have been sent. But I had made some changes in the Database, so they have been stored with a wrong/invalid game variation.

I have fixed my changes and repaired your Solar Fox scores.

I cannot find Frogger scores sent by your PlusCart in the database or the log-files.  For a more detailed search in the webserver logs I need the time when you have played frogger.

Played Frogger (today) prior to any of my Solar Fox games.  Thank you.

Keystone Kapers has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.
PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL, PAL60, SECAM, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Keystone Kapers:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=40

1664422382_KeystoneKapers.png.4eb197e7255f6c0d67dfec63781a6530.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, Omegamatrix said:

Keystone Kapers has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.

The airplanes! They're so huge! Here's a screenshot through Javatari of the HSC version:

image.thumb.png.c91cf91af1f869c21e38fe578989807f.png

Here's a screenshot of the normal binary loaded through Javatari:

image.thumb.png.d4b3943e99f2d71106c62ea3dbb6b1a7.png

- James

New draft version v2.0.18 in PlusStore.

For draft User @Prizrak, @Andrew Davie, @Thomas Jentzsch, @Mr SQL and @Fierodoug5

• fix for PlusROM functions

hopefully this is the last draft version before the v2.1.0 release.

On 5/28/2021 at 3:24 AM, Fierodoug5 said:

I played six games on Solar Fox and only one recorded a score.

Is it just me?

@Fierodoug5 can you retest Solar Fox HSC after the firmware update?

• Like 1

My PlusCart arrived the other day, setting it up was super simple and it does more than I expected. The website even creates the tar archives for sending offline files to the cart. The only odd bit I found was when changing the font, some ROM lists revert to the original font partially through the list. That's just cosmetic though. All supported functionality which I've tried is solid, and I found myself playing more homebrews due to how easy it is to select them from the menu rather than download and put them on an SD card. I was particularly surprised that saves worked in the Penult demo. Thank you for putting all this together!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New public firmware version v2.1.0 in PlusStore and GIT.

Changes since last public version v1.1.0:

• Common code base with UnoCart
  • Bugfix for loading SuperCharger ROMs from flash (Offline ROMs)
  • Bugfix for new keyboard adds slash to WiFi password
  • Bugfix for download of files smaller than 32 KiB to flash (Offline ROMs)
  • A basic row of space/punctuation on the alpha keyboards
  • Bugifx in eeprom addressing
  • Update STM32CubeIDE to v1.6.1
  • Reset RIOT at start and after exit emulation
  • Exit input fields properly
  • More generic keyboard
  • Clean up of status messages
  • Always escape spaces in API HTTP requests
  • @Andrew Davie's fix for menu/keyboard delays (init and joystick up/down)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

For all that are wondering what the new menu entry "Paid ROMs" after the firmware update is about:

I haven't disabled this experimental area in the PlusStore when I released the new firmware version, I think for testing purposes I'll keep it active for a few more month and wait on feedback.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 7:49 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

For all that are wondering what the new menu entry "Paid ROMs" after the firmware update is about:

I haven't disabled this experimental area in the PlusStore when I released the new firmware version, I think for testing purposes I'll keep it active for a few more month and wait on feedback.

I like the idea personally. I imagine tricky parts might include determining at what point a title would be considered for the paid area, and how the contributing developers are compensated for their work. Would it be difficult to allow a demo to be downloaded and then give the option for purchase of the full version on top of that?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nyandeyanen said:

I like the idea personally. I imagine tricky parts might include determining at what point a title would be considered for the paid area, and how the contributing developers are compensated for their work.

The paid area will be for the developers. The price categories are generic, whiche means from "Pay per Download" to "Pay once download forever" every time range and amount is possible. The developer decides in which category/price he wants to release his ROM.

10 hours ago, nyandeyanen said:

Would it be difficult to allow a demo to be downloaded and then give the option for purchase of the full version on top of that?

would be possible.

• Like 1

This one was a lot of work, but Dig Dug has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.
PlusCart users can find the PAL, PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Dig Dug:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=41

DigDug.png.d73070fd3f2508c6cffd1216f20c7888.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

New public firmware version v2.1.1 in PlusStore and GIT with:

• New entry "Format User Settings" in Setup menu to format user settings area

This new feature fixes the issue some users had after updating to version v2.1.0

• Like 2

Robot Tank has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.
PlusCart users can find the PAL, PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club"

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Robot Tank:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=42

`2001163250_RobotTank.png.02b3bf543019eeb8d95f5004f01ae761.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

hey friends,

First, thank you. This is awesome and I can’t wait to be up and running.

I just soldered my kit together but am getting a black screen, sometimes with running diagonal white lines. I read through the thread trying the suggestions, but still not able to get it to work.

Recap:

I flashed and formatted the card on my Mac with no issue.

I checked the continuity and everything checks out including boot0 &  boot1

Symptoms:

When I power on the cart in my 2600 the blue light flashes for a quick second and the turns off.
My card has 2 red lights. The one furthest away from the usb connection lights up and stays lit.

Any help is appreciated.

Beamrider has been modified for the PlusCart High Score Club.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for Beamrider:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=43

Beamrider.png.e0ddff0f92bc9920d60587e1029afbca.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4