IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

17 hours ago, Alena said:

I have neglected my Stella for so long that the video signal no longer tunes in, and I'm thinking of selling it for a 7800. Is that compatible with +Cart?

The PlusCart should work with the 7800 but of course only in 2600 mode and not for the 7800 specific ROMs.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

UNO/PLUSCART MEGASPECIAL FOR YOUR ATARI 2600

PLUS TWO NEW GAMES AND LIVE INTERVIEWS WITH DEVS!

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

Fri Nov 25, 2022 | LIVE @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

Tomorrow on ZeroPage Homebrew we will not only be revealing a TON of new software and hardware tech for your Uno/PlusCart and Atari 2600 but we also have live interviews with two developers behind it all, ZackAttack and MarcoJ! We'll be discussing and showing you so many new innovations that will BLOW YOUR MIND including 3D realtime wireframes and raycasting plus two new games! Check out the full list below for all the things we'll be premiering on the stream tomorrow, see you there!

Interviews with:

Atari 2600 Reveals:

• Realtime Full Screen 3D Wireframe Model!
  • 3D Raycasting Demo!
  • New Audio Engine: 12 Note Poly + 4 Digital!
  • New ELF Binary Game Format!
  • New Chameleon Multiconsole Cartridge!
  • Unified Uno/PlusCart Firmware!
  • Gopher2600 ELF Emulation!
  • Plus Much Much More!
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit late to the party here to buy one so i decided to make me own. After purchasing all the components and assembly i installed the STM32 Cube Programmer and drivers, attached it to my PC, but my computer doesn't recognize it. The red LED lights up on the board, I've held the button nearest to the USB port but nothing. I've tried 2 PC's, one with Windows 7 one with Windows 10 and a few different cables but still the same. I've read online and the reviews on Aliexpress that some of the STM32F407VGT6 boards might be faulty, could this be the problem? Any advice would be grateful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jason_Atari said:

I'm a bit late to the party here to buy one so i decided to make me own. After purchasing all the components and assembly i installed the STM32 Cube Programmer and drivers, attached it to my PC, but my computer doesn't recognize it.

Your board might be faulty, if you have followed this (https://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?flashing) and it doesn't connect:

For connecting with the STM32CubePorgrammer the boot0 jumper has to be removed (and boot1 has to be short!)

3 hours ago, Jason_Atari said:

The red LED lights up on the board, I've held the button nearest to the USB port but nothing. I've tried 2 PC's, one with Windows 7 one with Windows 10 and a few different cables but still the same. I've read online and the reviews on Aliexpress that some of the STM32F407VGT6 boards might be faulty, could this be the problem? Any advice would be grateful.

what happens when you power it up with the boot0 and boot1 jumper set ?

18 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Your board might be faulty, if you have followed this (https://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?flashing) and it doesn't connect:

what happens when you power it up with the boot0 and boot1 jumper set ?

When i have boot0 jumper removed and boot1 shorted the PC doesn't recognize it, holding the button closest to the USB port doesn't help, only the red LED stays on.

If i short both boot0 and boot1 jumpers the 1st LED stays on as usual and the 2nd LED further away from the USB port flashes, when you press the button it stops.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Jason_Atari said:

If i short both boot0 and boot1 jumpers the 1st LED stays on as usual and the 2nd LED further away from the USB port flashes, when you press the button it stops.

This indicates that the MCU and the factory firmware are working fine.

6 minutes ago, Jason_Atari said:

When i have boot0 jumper removed and boot1 shorted the PC doesn't recognize it, holding the button closest to the USB port doesn't help, only the red LED stays on.

If it doesn't connect via USB and the MCU seems to work fine, you might consider using (buying) a ST-Link v2 .

See this post (and the following posts) on how to connect and flash the board with a ST-Link:

On 12/6/2022 at 10:53 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

This indicates that the MCU and the factory firmware are working fine.

If it doesn't connect via USB and the MCU seems to work fine, you might consider using (buying) a ST-Link v2 .

See this post (and the following posts) on how to connect and flash the board with a ST-Link:

Thanks, i bought one (they are quite inexpensive) In the meantime i might be getting sent another one from the seller free of charge so hopefully i can get one working at least.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 3:03 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

New parts have arrived:

IMG_20220914_145425_1.thumb.jpg.fe2f24b0ffcfd48501fda5763bca7cd3.jpg

The price of the STM board has dropped to a reasonable amount. But the quality is still poor! After checking about half of the boards, it seems that about 30% are defective!

After a lot of testing it turned out that most of the "defective" boards just don't connect via USB, but can be flashed with the ST-Link V2 (for more information see this thread here)

The PlusCarts finally returned from my solder service today.

A few of them are already available in the PlusCart online shop:

https://pluscart.onlineweb.shop/

The PlusCarts that do not connect via USB are fully functional, but I offer them for a reduced price.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So i ended up getting sent another module and it's doing the same thing as the first one, PC doesn't recognize it. I tried the ST-Link, drivers install fine but the ST32 Cube Programmer only detects it as F and not the serial number. When i click on firmware upgrade it will eventually detect it and the serial number in that window, and it seems to update, but still in the main program just says F. Is this due to a non genuine ST-Link? Can't seem to get a break and make progress 😬

• 3 weeks later...

New public version v2.3.15 in PlusStore

• Support for new ACE ELF format provided by @MarcoJ
  • PlusROM support for E7 bankswitching by @MarcoJ
  • Fixes for E7 bankswitching
  • Temporary disable "Right+Reset Exit" in Setup menu by @ZackAttack

The new firmware file is bigger than 112 KiB, so only PlusCarts with firmware version v2.3.1 and higher can update directly to v2.3.15 (all others will have to do 2 updates in a row).

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 1:59 PM, Capellão said:

Is there a version for the pluscart model without sd? I tried over wifi and it broke.

@Capellão, @DablioGames

I think we have an issue with the Brazilian PlusCarts (SMD PCB variant). I had a look at the PlusStore logs today and it seems that we had 5 update attempts from 5 different Brazilian PlusCarts so far, but none of them returned successful with the new version v2.3.15. Some of them updated successfully to v2.3.1 shortly before, but the update to v2.3.15 failed for all of them.

Do you have more information from your customers on that issue?

I will have look if we can disable the update to v2.3.15 for Brazil from the PlusStore, so we have time to figure out whats going on before more of your customers brick their device.

3 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@Capellão,@DablioGames

Desativei a atualização para v2.3.15 para o Brasil. Você pode verificar se a atualização do cartão SD para v102.3.15 para sua versão do PlusCart-Duo funciona?

I don't know what happens, but the pluscart duo updates were not asking for an update over the wi-fi, only the pluscart version, this older one asked for the update to FW 2.3. pluscart duo I tried to install via SD card, but the same thing happened.

Probably the various attempts that you saw to update were mine, I tried on several boards that I had here, but there were 2 computers with problems, but only on the traditional pluscart that asked for an update.

1 hour ago, DablioGames said:

I don't know what happens, but the pluscart duo updates were not asking for an update over the wi-fi, only the pluscart version, this older one asked for the update to FW 2.3. pluscart duo I tried to install via SD card, but the same thing happened.

Probably the various attempts that you saw to update were mine, I tried on several boards that I had here, but there were 2 computers with problems, but only on the traditional pluscart that asked for an update.

Yes only the standard PlusCarts get an firmware update from the PlusStore. The PlusCart Duos have to be updated manually (via SD or ST-Link or USB)

Can you sent me a screenshot of the STM32CubeProgrammer CPU tab of one of your PlusCarts connected via ST-Link?

image.thumb.png.1be46fbca39dcb7a66e526dd14ca0130.png

28 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Yes only the standard PlusCarts get an firmware update from the PlusStore. The PlusCart Duos have to be updated manually (via SD or ST-Link or USB)

Can you sent me a screenshot of the STM32CubeProgrammer CPU tab of one of your PlusCarts connected via ST-Link?

image.thumb.png.1be46fbca39dcb7a66e526dd14ca0130.png

In this version of the ST_Link program, no recording (which goes well) makes the cartridge work on the console, not even with the FW that has already been tested as 2.3.1 (102.3.1), but I sent the image as requested, the table is filled after pressing the HALT button would it be the same? (I don't use this program as I said) ... but notice that it identified my chip wrong, it says it has 1MB when it actually has 512kb.

In the other program I use, my chip is identified correctly and it works any FW I write up to 2.3.1 (102.3.1)... only unocart version 2.3.15 works correctly.

Captura de tela 2023-01-29 165626.png

Captura de tela 2023-01-29 165536.png

@DablioGames I think the problem is that your PCB design does not have an external clock. We switched to the external clock for the PlusCart firmware version v2.3.15 because it is more accurate than the internal clock. The UnoCart firmware for v2.3.15 still uses the internal clock because the UnoCart does not have an external clock.

@ZackAttack do we have an solution for PlusCarts without external clock?

On 12/30/2022 at 1:08 PM, Jason_Atari said:

So i ended up getting sent another module and it's doing the same thing as the first one, PC doesn't recognize it. I tried the ST-Link, drivers install fine but the ST32 Cube Programmer only detects it as F and not the serial number. When i click on firmware upgrade it will eventually detect it and the serial number in that window, and it seems to update, but still in the main program just says F. Is this due to a non genuine ST-Link? Can't seem to get a break and make progress 😬

Maybe you have to set shared=enabled in STM32CubeProgrammer.

See this thread/post: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/317039-pluscart-sd/?do=findComment&comment=5153775

8 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@DablioGames Acho que o problema é que seu projeto de PCB não possui um clock externo. Mudamos para o relógio externo para a versão de firmware PlusCart v2.3.15 porque é mais preciso que o relógio interno. O firmware do UnoCart para v2.3.15 ainda usa o relógio interno porque o UnoCart não possui relógio externo.

This is exactly the problem, I tested it on a development board that I had and it worked correctly, this one has an 8MHZ crystal.