IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

On 12/10/2022 at 2:00 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

After a lot of testing it turned out that most of the "defective" boards just don't connect via USB, but can be flashed with the ST-Link V2

Possible explanations:

• bad or missing 8 MHz crystal
  • bad or missing capacitors or resistor in the crystal oscillator circuit
  • BOOT0 or BOOT1 jumpers aren't working as expected

Any of the above could prevent the board from working with the USB bootloader, but SWD with the ST-Link V2 would still work OK.

My bet is on BOOT0 and BOOT1. Can you use a meter to check the actual voltages at the microcontroller pins? To run the USB bootloader it needs BOOT0 high (about 3.3V) and BOOT1 low (about 0 volts).

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 3:20 AM, Al_Nafuur said:

Maybe you have to set shared=enabled in STM32CubeProgrammer.

See this thread/post: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/317039-pluscart-sd/?do=findComment&comment=5153775

I have tried that, when i select enabled the F in the serial number box disappears like it's not detecting it at all. Question: does the supply voltage matter? I'm using just a usb phone charger which is 5 volt, I've read a few placed that it should be 3 volt.

4 minutes ago, Jason_Atari said:

Question: does the supply voltage matter? I'm using just a usb phone charger which is 5 volt, I've read a few placed that it should be 3 volt.

The supply via the USB should be 5V. The STM32 board has it's own 3.3V regulator onboard.

10 hours ago, bigmessowires said:

Possible explanations:

• bad or missing 8 MHz crystal
  • bad or missing capacitors or resistor in the crystal oscillator circuit
  • BOOT0 or BOOT1 jumpers aren't working as expected

Any of the above could prevent the board from working with the USB bootloader, but SWD with the ST-Link V2 would still work OK.

My bet is on BOOT0 and BOOT1. Can you use a meter to check the actual voltages at the microcontroller pins? To run the USB bootloader it needs BOOT0 high (about 3.3V) and BOOT1 low (about 0 volts).

We thought about the crystal before, but your post gave the idea that if it is the crystal then the new firmware v2.3.15 shouldn't work with these PlusCarts.🤔

I'll test that tonight.

On 29/01/2023 at 14:51, Al_Nafuur said:

@Capellão,@DablioGames

Desativei a atualização para v2.3.15 para o Brasil. Você pode verificar se a atualização do cartão SD para v102.3.15 para sua versão do PlusCart-Duo funciona?

Successfully upgraded to 102.3.15 with no issues. I use the project with the dev board, without modifications.

Hopefully this is the right thread, but I just wanted to give a big shout out to @Andrew Davie

for printing me a couple of his super rad PlusCart shells. I've been wanting to ditch my plain black shell for one of these babies for some time now, so I'm glad to finally have one. 😎

He really knows what he's doing, as they're by far some of the best looking 3d prints I've seen. The textured/grain on the shell is really the cherry on top, making it look very professional and gives injection molded shells a run for their money. The 3d printed label insert is really cool too. 👍

Looks aside it's a just great design overall, thanks to the pegs that allow you to easily separate the shell if need be, unlike prying open standard Atari 2600 shells, which I is something I always struggle with.

Anyway, I highly recommend these.👍👍

Here's some pics!

20230203_022539.jpg

20230203_022806.jpg

20230203_022711.jpg

20230203_022840.jpg

20230203_030527.jpg

20230203_022346.jpg

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD
  • Like 9

56 minutes ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Hopefully this is the right thread, but I just wanted to give a big shout out to @Andrew Davie

for printing me a couple of his super rad PlusCart shells. I've been wanting to ditch my plain black shell for one of these babies for some time now, so I'm glad to finally have one. 😎

He really knows what he's doing, as they're by far some of the best looking 3d prints I've seen. The textured/grain on the shell is really the cherry on top, making it look very professional and gives injection molded shells a run for their money. The 3d printed label insert is really cool too. 👍

Looks aside it's a just great design overall, thanks to the pegs that allow you to easily separate the shell if need be, unlike prying open standard Atari 2600 shells, which I is something I always struggle with.

Anyway, I highly recommend these.👍👍

Here's some pics!

20230203_022539.jpg

20230203_022806.jpg

20230203_022711.jpg

20230203_022840.jpg

20230203_030527.jpg

20230203_022346.jpg

I‘m jealous 🥹

21 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

20230203_022539.jpg

Thanks @SiLic0ne t0aD -- for anyone interested, these were printed on a Creality Ender3... a very basic, very cheap, FDM printer.

• Like 6

@DablioGames, @Capellão I have (draft) released a v2.3.16 firmware which is using the HSI again. I have added your PlusCarts (with PlusStore ID #100 and #109) to the draft firmware group. Can you check the update is working? I suppose these are PlusCarts without an external clock (HSI)?

33 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@DablioGames,@CapellãoEu (rascunho) liberei um firmware v2.3.16 que está usando o HSI novamente. Adicionei seus PlusCarts (com PlusStore ID #100 e #109) ao grupo de rascunho do firmware. Você pode verificar se a atualização está funcionando? Suponho que sejam PlusCarts sem relógio externo (HSI)?

i changed my board, the current one has the plustore ID 967

5 minutes ago, DablioGames said:

i changed my board, the current one has the plustore ID 967

🤔 967 seems to be a PlusCart Duo with v102.3.1. I have added this PlusCart to the draft group, but you have to flash v2.3.1 before you can use the WiFi update to v2.3.16. The Duo firmware cannot update via the PlusStore.

2 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

🤔 967 seems to be a PlusCart Duo with v102.3.1. I have added this PlusCart to the draft group, but you have to flash v2.3.1 before you can use the WiFi update to v2.3.16. The Duo firmware cannot update via the PlusStore.

I got confused, it's true, I updated my PCB to duo, I'm going to rewrite the FW to pluscart ....

11 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@DablioGames, @Capellão I have (draft) released a v2.3.16 firmware which is using the HSI again. I have added your PlusCarts (with PlusStore ID #100 and #109) to the draft firmware group. Can you check the update is working? I suppose these are PlusCarts without an external clock (HSI)?

I only had a pluscart unit, but I will be passing it to the pluscard duo firmware, and adding the memory card reader.

13 minutes ago, MarcoJ said:

I just tried the latest firmware with the altered clock. I'm questioning my subjectivity, but I feel the quality of the background music in Lord of Biscay has improved with this change. I don't know why yet...or if I'm just imagining it.

there was a board of the model 4 keys rev14, that my pluscart duo did not run, tried to load and gave a black screen, with this new firmware version it started to work correctly. I think it could be a clock issue as well.

44 minutes ago, MarcoJ said:

I just tried the latest firmware with the altered clock. I'm questioning my subjectivity, but I feel the quality of the background music in Lord of Biscay has improved with this change. I don't know why yet...or if I'm just imagining it.

The piano sounds a bit clearer, but I can't tell much difference mainly because my 2600 is connected via RF to an old CRT TV and I have a very strong background noise there anyway.

31 minutes ago, Capellão said:

there was a board of the model 4 keys rev14, that my pluscart duo did not run, tried to load and gave a black screen, with this new firmware version it started to work correctly. I think it could be a clock issue as well.

Which PlusStore ID has the device?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

The piano sounds a bit clearer, but I can't tell much difference mainly because my 2600 is connected via RF to an old CRT TV and I have a very strong background noise there anyway.

Which PlusStore ID has the device?

956 & 837

Edited by Capellão