IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

See, I said $20 with free shipping was a bargain.
Besides, you should check your PM.
If I get one I may take you up on the offer, I did some quotes last night online and it would be about what your charging if I included shipping and they probably wouldn't do the text or logo correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

See, I said $20 with free shipping was a bargain.

Besides, you should check your PM.

I thought of about 20 or more cases, with craftcloud it would be 160€ (8€ per case) shipping included. I suppose shipping from Australia to Germany will be 40€ at the current situation, and I don't want to bother you with printing that many cases.

grafik.thumb.png.4436f908438220261767fe4202ec798b.png

1 hour ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I thought of about 20 or more cases, with craftcloud it would be 160€ (8€ per case) shipping included. I suppose shipping from Australia to Germany will be 40€ at the current situation, and I don't want to bother you with printing that many cases.

I think it should be considered just a prototype at this stage - certainly not worth the risk printing multiple units and paying for.

A couple of notes - a printing service is probably/certainly not going to be able to handle the colour prints that I can do. So, it could be redesigned to have no colour (but yet keep the logo).  Two options - if you don't print the "logo" STL first, you will still have "indents" in your shell when you print that.  Other option is I redesign the shell to make a sort of embedded logo.  The other colour issue is the top label. More tricky, as it requires colour to distinguish the letters. You could print all one colour and then manually paint the tops of the letters. Would look pretty crappy though, IMHO.

As to printing "20 or more" - well, I probably can't do that :)

I am, however, happy to do you a small run for prototypes/demos.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

36€ just for the case? Ouch!

36€ for one case, the cost per unit drop if you order many..
e.g. 20 cases is 8€ per unit (shipping included)

but these are the cost for a single color print.

57 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

I think it should be considered just a prototype at this stage - certainly not worth the risk printing multiple units and paying for.

A couple of notes - a printing service is probably/certainly not going to be able to handle the colour prints that I can do. So, it could be redesigned to have no colour (but yet keep the logo).  Two options - if you don't print the "logo" STL first, you will still have "indents" in your shell when you print that.  Other option is I redesign the shell to make a sort of embedded logo.  The other colour issue is the top label. More tricky, as it requires colour to distinguish the letters.

I am evaluating the costs for a two color printed front and label, with the printing service.

55 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

36€ for one case, the cost per unit drop if you order many..
e.g. 20 cases is 8€ per unit (shipping included)

but these are the cost for a single color print.

I am evaluating the costs for a two color printed front and label, with the printing service.

The front is printed in two parts - logo first (it's 0.4mm high) and then the front shell "over the top"

The label is printed in one part - base colour first (it's 0.4mm high) and then the colour for the words.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

OK, but then you are doing this for fun, no?

Fun for me, when I print stuff for me, yes. I did the design because I wanted to have a nice shell for my Pluscart.

I shared the design because I thought it might help others. I don't really want/intend to become a printing service for these.

I've offered alternatives for people wanting to print their own. If someone is really desperate, I might do them one if I'm in a good mood.

But it's really not worth my time, and 3D printing this sort of thing is really frustrating and time consuming.

11 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

The front is printed in two parts - logo first (it's 0.4mm high) and then the front shell "over the top"

The label is printed in one part - base colour first (it's 0.4mm high) and then the colour for the words.

I have forwarded your instructions to the 3D printing support..
and to my lawyer ;-)

New test version v0.14.12 in PlusStore:

• fixed SuperCharger multiload-header loading bug
  • memory reorganization for DPC+
  • Exit function for all supported bankswitching types (except DPC+).

To exit a game just press and hold first Joystick to the right (or press Paddle button) and press Reset on the console. Then release the Joystick to see the menu.

To exit a game just press and hold first Joystick to the right (or press Paddle button) and press Reset on the console. Then release the Joystick to see the menu.

The reset method works excellent Al, how is DPC+ coming along? I love PlusCart development because it's bleeding edge, makes me wish I had an update for my Harmony as often.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prizrak said:

The reset method works excellent Al, how is DPC+ coming along?

I have rearranged the memory setup for the DPC+ emulation. The next step is to recompile the ARM code for all the examples in the PlusStore test folder "Public ROMs/DPC+ (expertimental)" and the patched bBasic ROMs.

But I want to clean up the firmware code and push it to the GIT repository first.

2 hours ago, Prizrak said:

I love PlusCart development because it's bleeding edge, makes me wish I had an update for my Harmony as often.

FOTA updates are really handy, as long as an update don't breaks the update function. But when we reach a stable and feature complete state, updates will be not be necessary that often.

4 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

The new version is now available in the GIT repository.
I have checked in the experimental DPC+ bankswitching code as well as the autostart flash ROM function.

I've been revising the OpenSCAD code that generates the cartridge, and will soon put it on Thingiverse as a customisable object. That will allow you to choose tolerances, if theres a logo or not, the word on the label, the width/height... and all sorts of things.  I dug out the vernier calipers and measured the PlusCart board, so now the fit is very snug and things are held much more rigidly. Revisions include making the support for the label (top of cart) thicker so it is not just a single-line when printed, removing many of the "hacks" to get things to fit properly; they now auto-adjust as you change (for example) radius of corners. I've moved the "window" to the LED, and also adjusted it so it's more see-through. This will be one of those optional things on the customisable version - no "window" if you don't want one. I have separated the label into the back part, and the letters, so that they can be printed separately without the need to "hot-swap" filament colour.  Just print the backing, leave it on the bed, then print the letters (z=0.4) and it all looks much better too - allowing the letters to be flatter, which also looks nicer. I also rounded the "support box" inside the cartridge as it will print more smoothly.  Here's a quick look at the revised version... in the preferred colours, too...  except I took the liberty of making the label with a slight contrast which I think looks better.  I'll get a revised STL package posted tonight, I hope.

IMG_20200831_114121.thumb.jpg.13d00e627b3ad965f5ea3f74cfe4a2d0.jpg

IMG_20200831_114055.thumb.jpg.07574f116191def01f8806a0f65cdbce.jpg

Edited by Andrew Davie
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Al_Nafuur said:

btw. this looks awesome!

I printed a slightly modified version yesterday, and found that it friction-fits without the need for the "straps" holding it together. So I'll modify the design to make that optional -- it just looks like a plain Atari cartridge, and you can pull it apart with a bit of effort, and push it back together and it holds quite firmly. It might last a few dozen open/closing before needing a new shell, but that's OK I think.

I'll do a new print, put up the new design files, and a picture, later today.

Also, I'd like to send you a few shells. PM me your address.