IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

I'm looking to add manuals/instructions and changelogs to the WIP games currently on PlusCart. This will help game developers know the instructions of the new game and a changelog as well. As I backup the previous version of the binaries, from a historical point of view we have a reference rather than going back through a huge thread on the forum here. If you folks would like to have yours available on the cart for users to enjoy would you please send me a txt file of the instructions and or changelog for your game to me and I'll make sure it's included. I'll try and add some of this on my own but it's a major task and any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Prizrak said:

I'm looking to add manuals/instructions and changelogs to the WIP games currently on PlusCart. This will help game developers know the instructions of the new game and a changelog as well. As I backup the previous version of the binaries, from a historical point of view we have a reference rather than going back through a huge thread on the forum here. If you folks would like to have yours available on the cart for users to enjoy would you please send me a txt file of the instructions and or changelog for your game to me and I'll make sure it's included. I'll try and add some of this on my own but it's a major task and any help would be appreciated.

one issue for me is that these manuals/instructions show up on the "recent files" menu all with the same name. INSTRUCTIONS.TXT -- OK, instructinos to what?  If there are two or three of them, then it's effectively useless having them in the menu.  Could each game be a directory, and you first click on the game, then you get (for that game) instructions, manual, binary?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Davie said:

one issue for me is that these manuals/instructions show up on the "recent files" menu all with the same name. INSTRUCTIONS.TXT -- OK, instructinos to what?  If there are two or three of them, then it's effectively useless having them in the menu.  Could each game be a directory, and you first click on the game, then you get (for that game) instructions, manual, binary?

1 hour ago, Prizrak said:

@Al_Nafuur says he's going to omit the txt file from the new roms category to help with that problem. Zipping might be an option, I'm going to try for a folder approach which is what I'm doing for most of the WIP games anyways.

text files are banned from the "Recently Added ROMs" menu.
?

3 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I suppose one could use the ZIP file option here.

The ZIP file feature should work at the "Recently Added ROMs" menu too, because the PlusStore marks ZIP files as folders in his response for the PlusCart.

But this feature was designed for the Users private area. The files are unpacked to a temporary (PlusCart-ID specific) folder when opened by a PlusCart. These folders get deleted when they are older than 2 days, or if the PlusCart opens an other ZIP file.

Using this feature extensively at the public area means multiple ZIP files would be unpacked multiple times in multiple PlusCart temp folders.?

If we want to use folders in the special menus  "Favorites", "My recent ROMs", "Search ROM", "Popular ROMs" and "Recently Added ROMs" we should find an other solution than ZIP files.

On 8/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

I found in the DD-WRT Forum:

"With some Wi-Fi routers (i.e. Linksys with DD-WRT), you may have conflicts with the 5GHz radio. Don't choose "Mixed" option. Select "AC/N-Mixed" instead. Moreover, you probably should disconnect 5GHz radio during the configuration process."

Success!!!!!!!!!!! I got the PlusCart finally working!!!!!!!!!!

It was the stupidest thing ever, of course. My SSID is named pretty crazy and includes some very odd characters. The PlusCart was always able to SEE my strange SSID and READ my SSID but never CONNECT to it!

Here are the three things I ended up doing in order to make the router connect:

- Rename SSID to alphanumeric name

- Disable the 5 GHz part of the router

- Set WPA Algorithm to TKIP

Thank you so much @Al_Nafuur for all the troubleshooting help! We'll be doing a special feature on the PlusCart coming up on ZeroPage Homebrew!

- James

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Success!!!!!!!!!!! I got the PlusCart finally working!!!!!!!!!!

It was the stupidest thing ever, of course. My SSID is named pretty crazy and includes some very odd characters. The PlusCart was always able to SEE my strange SSID and READ my SSID but never CONNECT to it!

Here are the three things I ended up doing in order to make the router connect:

- Rename SSID to alphanumeric name

- Disable the 5 GHz part of the router

- Set WPA Algorithm to TKIP

Thank you so much @Al_Nafuur for all the troubleshooting help! We'll be doing a special feature on the PlusCart coming up on ZeroPage Homebrew!

- James

It's a pretty cool device, isn't it.

Maybe I can send you a 3D printed shell for it before the show...?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Does this really make a difference? I have a router from my ISP where I cannot disable 5 GHz.

Yes a 5GHz network should not be a problem, as long as a 2GHz is also present..
I think the issue with the DD-WRT firmware is the "Mixed" mode option, where the router tries to get all devices to the 5GHz network too.

On 9/4/2020 at 5:00 AM, Al_Nafuur said:

Yes a 5GHz network should not be a problem, as long as a 2GHz is also present..
I think the issue with the DD-WRT firmware is the "Mixed" mode option, where the router tries to get all devices to the 5GHz network too.

In anticipation of the stream PlusCart tomorrow I was playing around with the 5GHz part of the router and found the opposite. When it's on 'Mixed' it doesn't work and when I set it to 'N-Only (5 GHz)' I'm able to connect. Of course this may vary depending on the router I suppose.

- James

Join us LIVE tomorrow (Tue Sep 08) on the ZeroPage Homebrew Twitch livestream at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

Tomorrow we'll be taking the 2600 somewhere it's never been before, into the 21st century and onto Internet! The new PlusCart from @Al_Nafuur not only allows the VCS to not only go online, download games remotely but also enables MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAMING as well as automatically registering your high scores!!

We will be doing a full length special on the PlusCart going through the hardware, software, setup, high score registering, downloading & playing binaries as well as online gaming! We will also have a Q&A with the creator of the PlusCart! You don't want to miss it!

473087158_20200908-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.91c86cdb525b499630c10f4babf716a5.jpg

• Like 3

Perhaps for the show, chess20200831_5PQ8.bin should be removed, as it does not run on hardware or newer versions of stella.

Would be unfortunate for James to select something that doesn't work - would make the PlusCart look non-functional :)

Edit: in particular I meant removed from the "recent items" menu

Edit: it now runs on Stella, as there was a bug in the emulator now fixed.

There's till a bug (almost sure) in the hardware 3E+ implementation so won't run on PlusCart/UnoCart yet.

Edited by Andrew Davie
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, overgrouth said:

How can I buy one of these?

16 minutes ago, overgrouth said:

16 minutes ago, overgrouth said:

I still have some boards for beta testing.

So PM me if you like one

Edited by Al_Nafuur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

I went to update my cart yesterday and it didn't see any updates available. Before this one was there an update mine missed?

as far as I can see in the DB, yours is currently v0.14.14. So no updates missed..

@Andrew Davie has gone thru the struggle of installing the STM32CubeProgrammer on MacOS. He has done a detailed how-to, which everyone now can find in the flashing guide at the PlusCart website:
http://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?flashing#macos-install

Can I buy a pre-assembled PlusCart. I am no good at doing this kind of stuff myself. I prefer to just buy a cartridge that has already assembled. When will this be available to buy? Also, when will the firmware upgrade for the Harmony cart be coming out that allows you to go back to the main menu without turning off the Atari VCS? If anyone knows the answers to these questions, I'd greatly appreciate it! Looking forward to both of these!

• Like 1

How do I confirm a PlusCart, seems the first one@Al_Nafuur sent me that got lost finally showed up and decided to run the test software off it. It says it's connected to my account and I have a link in my email to confirm but in the PlusCart section of Firmaplus it shows it there but not confirmed. It accesses everything but the my roms area. Anything I'm missing?