IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

2 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

How do I confirm a PlusCart, seems the first one@Al_Nafuur sent me that got lost finally showed up and decided to run the test software off it. It says it's connected to my account and I have a link in my email to confirm but in the PlusCart section of Firmaplus it shows it there but not confirmed. It accesses everything but the my roms area. Anything I'm missing?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You need to press the little right-pointing arrow on the right-side of the line showing the cart ID.

@Al_Nafuur you're going to get this question a lot, I told you so!!

You need to press the little right-pointing arrow on the right-side of the line showing the cart ID.
[mention=41465]Al_Nafuur[/mention] you're going to get this question a lot, I told you so!!

Thanks@Andrew Davie, didn't see it because it's white one white when using either browser on my cell phone. It's ok the other side of the remove button [emoji1787]. Got it working now thanks.

3 hours ago, gambler172 said:

I Al

any Plus cards available?

I have 4 ready assembled PlusCart PCBs and 7 DIY Kits available. This is all I have left for beta testers.

A next run will be available in the middle of October

3 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Would this be possible for the Atari 7800?

The PlusCart should work, like the UnoCart, in 2600 mode at the 7800

So I got my Plus Cart this week. Setup was a breeze I got it up and running quickly without any issues.

The one problem I had was loading the Daredevil rom in the home brews menu. I tried it multiple times and it would never load the rom.

Any ideas? On that one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, bah said:

Late response but for anyone wondering, the Plus Cart works on the 7800.  Just used it and even did a firmware update while on the 7800.

Yes. I did all of my setup and initial testing and playing on my S-Video Modded 7800 daily driver and it works great!

• Like 1

Yes.
The other instance of that file is in the unsupported folder in homebrews. I've left it and other incompatible binaries there just for sake that they are part of the awards category but I can see the issue where they might throw people off with them not currently working with PlusCart

• Like 2

@JetSetIlly has added PlusROM support to Gopher2600, and it was a pleasure to support him:

Here is a short video of Gopher2600 playing my PoC online combat against a PlusCart on a PAL VCS.

combat is BW on the TV, because of the PAL VCS/CRT. The PlusROM backend is located in Germany (with a delay of ~40ms per client) and it only distributes the Joystick data to the clients and leaves the rest to client-side prediction (without any server-side correction). That's why the clients are out of sync pretty soon.

btw.

note @Andrew Davie's beautiful 3D printed shell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

IMG_20200922_231352.thumb.jpg.8407ff5d63d00f0ea6d199c56693d2f5.jpg

I had wondered if a sanding with an extremely fine paper, or perhaps a coating with a clear resin/paint would improve the surface finish. Unfortunately the surface I'm printing on isn't the best, and it's hard to disguise the "scanlines" of the print.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

combat is BW on the TV, because of the PAL VCS/CRT. The PlusROM backend is located in Germany (with a delay of ~40ms per client) and it only distributes the Joystick data to the clients and leaves the rest to client-side prediction (without any server-side correction). That's why the clients are out of sync pretty soon.

That's very cool. Out of interest where does the client side prediction happen? On the server or in the modified ROM?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JetSetIlly said:

That's very cool. Out of interest where does the client side prediction happen? On the server or in the modified ROM?

The clients send their (real) joystick data to the server and move both tanks by the (virtual) joysticks data they receive from the server. For a real online game the clients should also receive and partly send the position and direction data of the tanks. In case of combat this is a bit of a challenge, because the horizontal movement of the tanks is done by HMOVE so they don't know (and therefor can't tell the server) the horizontal position of the tanks.

the source code for the online combat PoC can be found here:
https://gitlab.com/firmaplus/atari-2600-pluscart/-/blob/master/examples/Online Combat.asm

the original disassembly, can be found here:
http://www.bjars.com/source/Combat.asm

New PlusStore feature:

• High Score List

In the "High Score Club" folder ("Public ROMs/PlusROMs/High Score Club") is a new dynamic text file "High Score List.txt", which contains the current "Top 11" for all PlusROM high score games.
So the online High Score list can now be viewed with the PlusCart too

I had my PlusCart for about a week now. Got it in a Telegames case and conneted it to wifi.

Got to run this things threw all tests I can think of. Been playing all the Various test ver. of Sadoom!+ Thomas created for me. Goodness how I forgot ver. 5 was SO VERY HARD.

Did a speed test for wireless with and without the cart running. Dramatic difference. It had no effect on my wired net but the wireless went from 42.1 mbps with out the plusCart and then went to 8.4 mbps. After that I tried another speed test. I ran the speed test abd in the middle of running it I turned on my Atari. The speed test instantly dropped by half abd contenued to be half so it roughly went from 40 mbps to 20 mbps

WOW! This thing chews up alot. I wonder how this might effect Davids shop as he only runs wireless. My next test is to run wireless video while the PlusCart is running to see if it reallymatters or not. A speed test is one thing but the question is weather it is practical to still use wifi with other devices alongside the PlusCart.