IGNORED

The Official (or not) PRGE 2019 Vicarious Photos Thread

Hi everyone!

For those of us not able to experience PRGE in person this year, it would be great if people who are going to the show would be post photos, videos and stories from the show here (or links to them, if they're offsite).

I hope everyone has a great time at the Expo this weekend! And if you get the chance to play some of the new games from AtariAge at the show, be sure to post your thoughts about them here as well.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

Those pics of the Songbird booth are awesome!  I can only wish to walk by a booth like that!  I imagine if I ever get to one of the conventions that it will be extremely expensive for me!  lol

I hope everyone at PRGE are having a wonderful time!  I'm green with envy!!  Have fun!!

Oh... and post some more pics eh!?

The arcade area is INCREDIBLE! I spent most of my time on Tempest, which is an amazing arcade experience.

Mixed experience: the console and home computer area. There were lots of A8 machines (only two C64s??!), but ALL the computers were showcasing software from perhaps 1985 at the latest. NO Apples (I wanted to play Oregon Trail in Oregon!) and the PET did not have Lemonade Stand. How could they!?! Also: the Jags were attached to the smallest monitors I have ever seen. Do not make me play T2K on a seven inch set!!

10054990-E81C-45E4-A78A-69E5BDD0A146.jpeg

3BF32A8C-9CB9-4D9E-9A9B-F63E5062769B.jpeg

9B0F5322-5456-4B83-B3CB-ECF407A739E0.jpeg

1 hour ago, King_Salamon said:

Those pics of the Songbird booth are awesome!  I can only wish to walk by a booth like that!  I imagine if I ever get to one of the conventions that it will be extremely expensive for me!  lol

I hope everyone at PRGE are having a wonderful time!  I'm green with envy!!  Have fun!!

Oh... and post some more pics eh!?

It’s definitely worth it, though. It’s like Christmas and your birthday rolled into one, when you were ten. :) 

It was $400 R/T for me, and I’m almost as far away from Portland as you are, so manageable. The hotel’s a bit pricey for what you get, but I’ll be smarter in the future and book earlier. Portland has a great transit system — $2.50 from the airport to the venue in half an hour! — and food (admittedly not great) is much cheaper than Canadian norms: my dinner total at Burgerville was five bucks (compare: $12-$15CAD at A&W)and the fries were really good.Really, the biggest problem is overspending on games...

Major shout-out to a few of the gentlemen that made the games that we still play to this day.  Thank you Dan, David and Gary for taking the time to meet with me, sign my games and take this picture. You guys made me feel like a VIP.

(L-R, Dan Kitchen, myself, David Crane, Gary Kitchen)

B90C298B-BE52-4F72-BA29-0673B3006C58.jpeg

• Like 14