IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2019 thread

Grig

1 hour ago, ClassicGMR said:

That list would also work for a Christmas video game soundtrack! ?

Hahahaha!

I've been known to play this album around the house on Xmas morning...

http://www.doctoroctoroc.com/8-bit-jesus/

Definitely sets the mood. Also worked well pulling late shifts around Xmas time when I worked at a video transfer lab.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:31 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

So... Here's a list of Christmas games that I wish I could play, but can't because they don't exist. I thought I should share so we could all play them at least, in our dreams...

1. Sinistar of Bethlehem

HO HO HO! I LIVE!

I'm quite sure at least one of those will exist by this time next year ? (Not from me, I can't code, but I can't imagine someone isn't inspired!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoshiChiri said:

HO HO HO! I LIVE!

I'm quite sure at least one of those will exist by this time next year ? (Not from me, I can't code, but I can't imagine someone isn't inspired!)

AA user Frankodragon has been known to recode a 7800 game or three

2 hours ago, HoshiChiri said:

I can't code

Games are about so much more than coding, so if you have other skills like pixelating graphics - in particular animations - or doing music, awesome level designs, even storyboards, documentation and of course testing, you could definitely be part of a development project without writing a line of code. Actually I'd imagine some 70% of everyone involved in IT never do any programming themselves.

Oh well, back to figuring out what to get for my SS recipient.

By the way, if mangia is Italian for "to eat", would Santa Mangia be about eating Santa Claus, or just the festivity of overconsuming food and have bad stomach pain rest of the night?

Edited by carlsson

32 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Games are about so much more than coding, so if you have other skills like pixelating graphics - in particular animations - or doing music, awesome level designs, even storyboards, documentation and of course testing, you could definitely be part of a development project without writing a line of code. Actually I'd imagine some 70% of everyone involved in IT never do any programming themselves.

I can do- none of the above! ? I cross-stitch, which I suppose could convert to pixel art... but it would be on paper, I have no idea how to computerize it.

And I'm fine with that- maybe one of these years I'll start putting stitchery projects into the Secret Santa gifts. I need to finish that Link's Awakening map first though...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HoshiChiri said:

HO HO HO! I LIVE!

(sung to the tune of We Three Kings)

Star of hunger, star of fright
Star of roaring furious fight
Crystals gleaming, workers breeding
Run! Or face thy dreadful bite

Coward.

Edited by CaptainBreakout
'hunger' seemed to suit this better
  • Like 1

I am going to suggest that Secret Santas not post in the thread yet that they have sent their package as that may give it away too quickly.

You can PM me and I will send your recipient the tracking number but if you can please wait a few more weeks to post you have shipped your SS gift.

• Like 1

@CaptainBreakout,

I would play the heck out of Tron saves Christmas. Oh and let me know when Star Wars: Night Life comes out, looking forward to the sequel. ;-0

Edited by Zeptari1
spelling error
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Grig said:

please wait a few more weeks to post you have shipped your SS gift

Now I have Christmas anxiety! ??

Here I thought I was so far ahead since I shopped hard all year and only had to get small personalized items. ?

Seriously - cool beans to whomever may be or is done! Well done Kringle(s)!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, carlsson said:

Note to self: Don't look up on eBay the prices other people are asking for the same type of items you were thinking to give away...

Yes, I know the feeling. One of the items was surprisingly high and the other surprisingly low.  I figured it best to stop after that.

• Like 2

DERAIL:

eBay bugs the crap out of me lately. I don't bother selling anymore and when I'm buying stuff I've noticed that it seems like it is all Amazon relistings.

I bought a bunch of Amazon stuff recently - cables, switches, some parts for my wife's sewing machine, etc - because eBay had the exact same stuff with the exact same pictures for more money plus Amazon has free shipping for the most part.

-------------------------------------------------------

RERAIL: (that a word?)

Secret Santa shopping!! Grabbing last minute stuff this weekend. Ho ho ho!

secret-santa-shop-school-Darice-1.jpg

• Like 3

These are some examples of how far I got on the cross stiching some 9 years ago. On my third attempt I managed to put all the stitches in the same direction (after nags from a couple of female friends about that) but I found it too tedious to continue.

sonic-broderi.jpg.d3f37f49302966fbef611d11fd4bf3a4.jpg

sonic-broderi2.jpg.2f7dcac882e1700d922614bda63eb3ec.jpg

I don't know why I did Sonic twice, I am not that much of a Sega fanboi but somehow it seemed like a recognizable pattern with a few solid colours.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

On my third attempt I managed to put all the stitches in the same direction (after nags from a couple of female friends about that)

EYUP ?

The first thing I noticed about Sinistar, after 'I can copy this', is the unaligned & split stitches. It seems silly, but it really does look better if you can keep it all smooth & pointed the same way.

30 minutes ago, emerson said:

For the past week I've been chipping away at this and I figured it's good enough to share now. Enjoy!

jingle_joust_nes.zip 3.62 kB · 2 downloads

Oh hail yeah!  I'm plopping this thing on my emulator cabinet as soon as the kids go to sleep.  Thanks for the awesome surprise!!!

My package is ready to go but I'll be waiting until sometime early December to send it off. That said, curious how many people are planning on waiting till Christmas to open the AASS goodies, as opposed to just tearing into everything like a wild dog the second it hits your mailbox. I think last year I mostly waited until Christmas day and plan on doing the same again this year.