IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2019 thread

Grig

Ha, only 17 days for me since we celebrate on the 24th over here. Actually a little less at the time of writing because it is 03:45 AM.

And by the way, my SS package apparently cleared customs without issues and has been waiting at my post agent since Tuesday but I haven't had time to pick it up yet, will do so during Saturday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

Ha, only 17 days for me since we celebrate on the 24th over here. Actually a little less at the time of writing because it is 03:45 AM.

And by the way, my SS package apparently cleared customs without issues and has been waiting at my post agent since Tuesday but I haven't had time to pick it up yet, will do so during Saturday.

Fantastic, I think that now makes two years in a row for you since the customs hostage Secret Santa crisis of 2017 LOL

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Machine said:

By looking at that shipping box, I might has a good guess who sent that......  ?

I don't recall Backin89 being a part of this Secret Santa, I think he's still sleeping out in the cold ...

Sorry, many of you probably have no idea what that means.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I don't recall Backin89 being a part of this Secret Santa, I think he's still sleeping out in the cold ...

Sorry, many of you probably have no idea what that means.

That was a weird thread to read through. I wouldn’t go on a gaming forum and ask for charity for another person. Charity is a very personal thing to me.

No one has opened their gift yet? I want to see what you all got!

I was too late signing up for Secret Santa this year but you can't stop me from mailing out a Secret Santa gift anyhow lol. It will just be a bigger surprise for the recipient!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, cvga said:

No one has opened their gift yet? I want to see what you all got!

I was too late signing up for Secret Santa this year but you can't stop me from mailing out a Secret Santa gift anyhow lol. It will just be a bigger surprise for the recipient!

Red Alert! He's gone ROGUE!!

rogue-santa-s-private-reserve.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, carlsson said:

Only 336.5 hours left until season's greetings from Walt Disney, which more or less is the official start of Christmas over here

As someone who grew up reading vintage Walt Disney Comics & Stories (Dell 10¢), and looked forward every year to the Walt Disney Christmas Special (the Disney Channel was free that weekend), I really like how it's remained so popular in northern Europe. I was amazed and amused to see a rack of _current_ Donald Duck comic books on sale in a grocery store in Iceland when I visited a few years ago -in Icelandic!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

As someone who grew up reading vintage Walt Disney Comics & Stories (Dell 10¢), and looked forward every year to the Walt Disney Christmas Special (the Disney Channel was free that weekend), I really like how it's remained so popular in northern Europe. I was amazed and amused to see a rack of _current_ Donald Duck comic books on sale in a grocery store in Iceland when I visited a few years ago -in Icelandic!!

Yeah it's something else. My favorite is this because it has Small One and Scrooge

small2.jpg.9227538c8d54b91c3cd099dfd82f4760.jpg

• Like 2

Small One! Very cool. Watched that a lot. I'm resonably certain that was a Don Bluth led project while he was still at Disney (I've been giving the kids Secret of Nimh in measured doses).

Speaking of all this, we picked this up at the library this year for bedtime stories, tonight in fact...

IMG_20191210_192143925.jpg

• Like 1

I imagine a good chunk of tax payers' money each year goes to Disney for the broadcasting rights of 1 hour of cartoons where the majority of them are at least 45 years old. To compensate for the license fees, Disney includes a couple of minutes of clips from their latest movies, which everyone know works as hidden advertising in a public service TV channel otherwise nearly (*) free of commercials, but that is how it works.

(*) About 10-15 years ago, the rules were changed so major sports events etc could be sponsored on public service, by putting a static screen with the logos and a speaker voice reading out the names of the companies sponsoring this broadcast, but no endorsements or offers, and the screen only shown at the beginning and end of the broadcast, no commercial breaks inbetween.

I've received my box in the mail a few days ago and I have it sitting under the tree out of my sight so I don't get tempted. Chances are, I'm not going to make it to the 25th.

For my outgoing package, it should be in route by Friday.

And I need to watch Die Hard. I've NEVER SEEN IT. I'm sure between Netflix/Hulu/Amazon, it's on one of those!

Edited by bomberpunk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bomberpunk said:

And I need to watch Die Hard. I've NEVER SEEN IT. I'm sure between Netflix/Hulu/Amazon, it's on one of those!

Crazy, who hasn't seen Die Hard!...and no its not, although you can digitally rent it on Prime for 3.99

1 hour ago, FujiSkunk said:

DIE HARD IS NOT A CHRISTMAS MOVIE!!

Yes it is, and so is Lethal Weapon!