IGNORED

Atari Lynx with No Power

Lussuria

Hello hello,

I am attempting a fairly extreme restoration of a lynx I was handed in pieces (at least extreme for me, I am not a professional at this in any way).

It appears that the previous owner had attempted a type of VGA mod on the device.

I have unsoldered the corroded mess of a vga port, cleaned up the board and resoldered back the original battery terminal wires - but there is absolutely no power when I put in batteries.

The casing around the tube has what looks like burn/blackening across it, and N4 appears to be soldered into share the spot for D18? Unsure if that is normal (Image 2).

Is anyone able to take a quick look at the attached images and suggest anything I could try or do to try and get this unit powering on? 

Its a PAG-0201, unsure if that helps.

EDIT: I have just been digging through the history on this forum for Atari Lynx I fixes and noticed a comment regarding having the game in when turning it on - will it not turn on if there is no cart? I don't have a game to test with it, could this be contributing to my total no reponse to powering it on?

Thanks in advance!

20191022_194107.jpg

20191022_194130.jpg

20191022_194140.jpg

Edited by Lussuria

The power passes though the cart so without a car inserted the Lynx will not operate correctly, see the bottom image in post 23 of the thread link to below.

There are a couple of post in this thread with images that show how to link the relevant pins of the cartridge connector so that you can start it without a cartridge in.

2 hours ago, Stephen Moss said:

The power passes though the cart so without a car inserted the Lynx will not operate correctly, see the bottom image in post 23 of the thread link to below.

There are a couple of post in this thread with images that show how to link the relevant pins of the cartridge connector so that you can start it without a cartridge in.

Thankyou very much! That is very helpful to know. I'll give this a go.