IGNORED

problem no screen, black screen on atari jaguar

henri

HELLO ,

i have a problem with my atari jaguar ( on screen just black screen )

the capacitors are good , regulator 78lo05 is good ci mc 34163 is good ,

the atari jaguar is power on correctly but no screen just black screen 

can you help to resolve my problem ...

thank in advance

my mail is henridutoit@laposte.net

or my facebook is henrydutois from sydney

thank you

I am sure this has cropped up before, have you tried using the search facility to find similar posts in this or the Jaguar forum?

As I recall there was no definitive solution, if we had a Jaguar service manual and diagnostic cart it may be possible to resolve but without them I don't think there is much that can be done.

Do you hear the tumbling letters and Jaguar roar of the boot screen? If so that would at least indicate that the boot code is running and the issue is on the video side. 

1. You could try the finger test and see if Tom, Jerry or the 68000 are getting too hot to touch
  2. Check that they are all getting power and ground on all their relative pins (either via voltage or continuity)
  3. Check the clock oscillators are running, as without a clock no code can be executed, you can measure the output voltage with a multi-meter anything other than 0V or 5V means they are probably running 

Probably not a good idea to publicly post your e-mail address like that (PM it to people instead if you need to), I am sure nobody hear would abuse it but it could potentially be picked up by bots resulting in you getting lots of spam.